• Advertisement

nikki carb misadventure

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

nikki carb misadventure

Postby plotthound » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:39 am

all summer my 18hp intek powering my craftsman tractor has been sputtering and farting.yesterday it finally died.so I push it into the garage and figure its a plugged vent on the gas cap.negatory on that guess.well maybe its a dirty filter,wrong again vern.so I take the carb off and sure enough its dirty,so I give it a good cleaning and blow it out good with the air gun.apoun reassembly im perplexed by this little jet that fell out of somewhere,it seems to have about 3 places it will fit.the little recess in the carb body looks like a match made in heaven for it,strike 3 so off comes the carb again.i find another orifice to insert it into,strike 4.im getting real fast at removing and disassembling the carb by now.so I do a search on youtube and low and behold I find that its a common mistake.the main jet goes in the plastic tube in the carb.put everything back together and now it runs like a champ. :mrgreen:

ps,seafoam is not enough to save us from the crappy gasoline.
plotthound
Guide

Advertisement

Re: nikki carb misadventure

Postby Luffydog » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:20 am

Your right about the sea foam. After 30 days the gas is starting to go bad these even when it's in the tank before you pump out into whatever the use maybe. But the seafoam sure does smoke very well when used directly into the carb. :lol:
Luffydog
Forum Pro

Postby creia » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:15 am

Luffydog wrote:Your right about the sea foam. After 30 days the gas is starting to go bad these even when it's in the tank before you pump out into whatever the use maybe. But the seafoam sure does smoke very well when used directly into the carb. :lol:

For the last 10 years we have been using "Sta-Bil" fuel stablilizer in all of our stored gasoline and small engines with excellent results. Even with our California ethanol-laden gasoline, we have had gasoline stored for up to 1 year and it is still good to use.
Michael
creia
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:37 am

If your jet is falling it needs the o-ring replaced. If you don't replace it then you will have fuel mixture problems. Those o-ring are available @ a tenth of the cost of a new jet as long as you don't lose the tiny jet. :lol:
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum