• Advertisement

TEW Apparent Closing

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: TEW Apparent Closing

Postby bgsengine » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:49 pm

KE4AVB wrote:That when I got transferred the Fla store right after I moved to Tennessee. It just leaves me hunting a supplier for MTD and Husqvarna parts that has both good pricing and turn around times.

One of my vendors suggested contacting Husqvarna customer support but that won't work as that is Dixie Sales and their sales rep has refused to come out and he lives with 25 miles of me. Actually in Fayetteville, TN.

You could check with smaller distributors like John E Landis , Canns-Bilco, Paul B Moyer (honda distributor) and Central Power Distributors (out of Minnesota - also where I get wheelhorse parts from) many of them also carry HOP parts.. and probably be happy to have your business... There's also Pitt Auto Electric but I dont know as they handle HOP.

Edit to add.. Or, if you want it easy , scrape up $185K and buy out my corporation, you would get all the supplier accounts along with it (of course after doing the change of ownership paperwork) LOL! :bricks:
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby KE4AVB » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:17 pm

BGSENGINE wrote:Edit to add.. Or, if you want it easy , scrape up $185K and buy out my corporation, you would get all the supplier accounts along with it (of course after doing the change of ownership paperwork) LOL! :bricks:

Did mean $185.00 as that about how as much as I got spare right now. Home owner insurance, car insurance, business insurance, and tags are all coming due the end of the month. This not counting the 2K Visa bill that I got to pay off so I can order more parts. Overall I looking at 5K out the door next week alone.

I hope you do find a buyer though, just can't be me. If I had another income I would quit too. I am tire of all these redos of shade tree repairs lately as you got to undo their makeshift repairs just to get to real problem.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby Luffydog » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:28 pm

185k I heard someone talking the other day that had 1mill of parts and it would take about 4.5 mill to buy it. There's no way to ever pay for the 4.5mill. It would take a lot of years to recover from that kinda of $$$ if you ever could.
Luffydog
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:01 am

What profit margin they wanting @ 77.8% GPM. Here I barely get an average of 20% GPM

It doesn't long to have fairly large inventory. It does take me about 5 yrs to completely cycle the inventory. I am sitting on about 21K (cost not including shc) in inventory myself. This is actually down about 5K this year as I am deleting older parts as I sell them off. I got a few NOS starters from when I started in 2009 still on the shelves. That was back when it took me nearly two weeks to get parts in but now it takes only a couple days from my current suppliers so I don't keep slow moving high cost items in stock anymore.

I actually prefer to have the stock on the shelf and the out the door values be the same but if I don't have it when they come around they just go somewhere else.They are not willing to wait even a couple days for me to get it.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum