• Advertisement

In need of a Briggs 5 HP crankshaft

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

In need of a Briggs 5 HP crankshaft

Postby creia » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:27 pm

I am in need of a good used crank for this engine:
1975 Briggs 5 HP Horizontal shaft "Koolbore" (Aluminum)
Model : 130232
Type : 0036-01
Code: 75022107
It looks like it is either/or Briggs part # 260958 or # 493290. This is the crank that is ball-bearing supported and has a straight shaft with a key way on the PTO end. If you have one please either PM me or email me directly at michael.moore@charter.net
Thank you for any help,
Michael :)
creia
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: In need of a Briggs 5 HP crankshaft

Postby KE4AVB » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:29 pm

Sorry had one last week but it on the scrape yard. All I got left is a non bearing type with a short PTO end. I saving it for a log splitter if needed but most I am just installing new engines after I shorten the crankshaft PTO end.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby creia » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:17 pm

KE4AVB wrote:Sorry had one last week but it on the scrape yard. All I got left is a non bearing type with a short PTO end. I saving it for a log splitter if needed but most I am just installing new engines after I shorten the crankshaft PTO end.

Thank you for thinking of me and the reply- much appreciated. I am still optimistic that some, or at least one, of my forum brothers or sisters out there has one. I have had some good luck with my wanted ads on here before over the years, and I have learned (and willingly) to be patient.
Regards,
creia
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:14 pm

I have the tiller engine that I sent you a carb from awhile back but it has no shroud to give me model stuff.
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby creia » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:22 pm

38racing wrote:I have the tiller engine that I sent you a carb from awhile back but it has no shroud to give me model stuff.

And that was a NICE carb that has been put to use! :D
Can you send me some photos of the PTO side of the engine, including a closeup of the sidecover and the exposed crank end? That should provide me with enough info. It will tell me if it is bushing or ball-bearing supported crank. (I need a ball-bearing supported crank)
You can send the photos to me directly at email address remove by admin; use system User Profile PM/Email function
Thank you,
Michael
creia
Forum Pro

Postby bgsengine » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:20 am

creia wrote:
38racing wrote:I have the tiller engine that I sent you a carb from awhile back but it has no shroud to give me model stuff.

Can you send me some photos of the PTO side of the engine, including a closeup of the sidecover and the exposed crank end? That should provide me with enough info. It will tell me if it is bushing or ball-bearing supported crank. (I need a ball-bearing supported crank)
You can send the photos to me directly at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thank you,
Michael

security reminder - don't post your email address like that - should send it by private message or do like walt does name (at) domain (dot) com
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby KE4AVB » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:11 am

Personally I won't post at all any of my email addresses as on our system our members can either email or PM if the member receiving has either or both enabled in the their profile. Even then your email address is hidden until you respond directly to an incoming email.

Creia does have both enabled in his profile. Unfortunately since Creia has posted his email address before on this site it probably done got out on to the web.

The reasoning behind this is that Spam bots and other visitors (like Google) do scan our system and harvest info; therefore, you email addresses do become public info across the web. I have been deleting a lot spammers that make on to our site every since became admin. They are fairly resourceful when willing to work to get in.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby creia » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:48 pm

bgsengine wrote:
creia wrote:

You can send the photos to me directly at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thank you,
Michael

security reminder - don't post your email address like that - should send it by private message or do like walt does name (at) domain (dot) com

OK- understood and duly noted... :oops:
Michael
creia
Forum Pro

Postby creia » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:57 pm

After receiving more information, unfortunately that crank is not a match :cry: , and I am still looking for one. Please look through your inventory and let me know if you have a candidate.
Thank you,
creia
Forum Pro

Postby creia » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:16 pm

I'm still in need of a crankshaft. I know someone out there has one or maybe an old worn out bore donor engine they could part out the crank from.
Thank you,
creia
Forum Pro

Next

Return to Technical Discussion Forum