• Advertisement

O-ring PN SV730 valve cover needed.

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

O-ring PN SV730 valve cover needed.

Postby KE4AVB » Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:39 am

For some reason the Kohler IPLs is not showing the PN for the valve cover o-ring. All they are only showing is the stamp metal version so I am needing the part number for the o-ring. Maybe the same as the Command valve o-ring but not sure.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: O-ring PN SV730 valve cover needed.

Postby bgsengine » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:38 am

if its the one I think you mean, if I recall, they obsoleted that o-ring and you gotta get a whole valve cover to work with RTV sealer.. There's also an older version V-Twin (Think it was command Pro horizontal) that had a fuel pump integrated into the cover - that's totally obsoleted entirely - no valve cover, no gaskets, nada..
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Re: O-ring PN SV730 valve cover needed.

Postby KE4AVB » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:15 am

I was kinda afraid that was the case. It would been nice they noted that on the IPL.

Just another unexpected parts kit needed as I would need to have a set of them in stock. Two covers (one solid and one with impulse hole) & eight shorter screws; of course, the Permatex Surface prep and RTV Ultra Black or Ultra Grey.

Drill bits, tap, and M7-100 screws are also need to be on hand as the screw closest to the exhaust tends to gall in place and break off.

So I better get these on the next stock order so I can do valve adjustments. Plus I got to add $30 to these adjustment bills for the new parts just because they obsoleted the o-rings.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum