• Advertisement

Iding zama carb

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Iding zama carb

Postby 38racing » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:46 pm

I have neighbour's mantis tiller . Carb has guck in it. I see the C1U on it but not the - and after. Amazon is selling a mantis carb that looks like it and says C1U-K54. If that's correct my supplier has the kits but I don't. gnd44 and rb71. Where on carb will I see the after - id?
and of course on amazon.ca the kits are the same price as a clone carb.
38racing
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Iding zama carb

Postby KE4AVB » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:04 pm

C1U is the body type. see the following for the model info locations.

The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:15 pm

Thanks. I found it. K82. Takes same kits.
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby bgsengine » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:28 pm

38racing wrote:I have neighbour's mantis tiller . Carb has guck in it. I see the C1U on it but not the - and after. Amazon is selling a mantis carb that looks like it and says C1U-K54. If that's correct my supplier has the kits but I don't. gnd44 and rb71. Where on carb will I see the after - id?
and of course on amazon.ca the kits are the same price as a clone carb.

Mantis - most- made by Echo - Look for the SV-xx model number on the side of engine a bit back from the carburetor just below recoil mounting surface - serial number too - can look up Echo part numbers in Echo parts catalog, if you need other parts... But yeah C1U-K82 sounds like you either have a relatively newer Mantis (SV-6 or so model number?) or it was a replacement of the original K54.. But the C1U-K82 is also used on some of the Echo model TC-210 tillers (Echo part number A021001093)

and yeah the clone carbs can be had plenty cheap. I could buy a couple of the china clone carbs for the same as dealer cost of one OEM Echo carb.. only thing is Ive found with them is they often need to be "dialed in" where the OEM carbs are just plug and play and almost never need any re-adjustment at all.. cool thing I have found, even 10 years later from the first ones I've sold... I think I've only ever needed to replace a carburetor twice ever, never rebuilt one yet (have done some D&G renewals, purge bulbs, etc though) So, I cannot think of a single logical reason whatever to ever buy a china clone over the OEM carb, should I ever need to replace one....
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Return to Technical Discussion Forum