• Advertisement

ryobi 4 cycle

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

ryobi 4 cycle

Postby 38racing » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:09 pm

RY34000 trimmer. His neighbour gave it to my SIL after I said I couldn't get the carb adjusted to run consistent. Still can't. Have the carb in the USC now but I can't find gasket/diaphragm kit for it. It's a Ruixing carb. Have found after market carbs for $30 so might have to go that route if it won't run after USC and putting old stuff back on. Manual says to check valve clearance after 25 hours but chances are it been used less than that.
Manual also says this. No proof reader I guess.

Engine lubricant has a major influence on engine performance and service life. This unit is shipped with a 20W50 engine lubricant to assist in the break-in period. For best operating performance, continuing to use 20W50 engine lubricant is recommended, however, SAE 30, 10W30, or 10W40 are all acceptable lubricants to use in this product.Always use a 4-stroke motor lubricant that meets or exceeds the requirements for API service classification SJ. Check lubricant level before each use.

NOTE: Non-detergent or 4-stroke engine lubricants will damage the engine and should not be used.
38racing
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: ryobi 4 cycle

Postby bgsengine » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:30 am

yeah they don't even offer carb kits for most of those any more.. just replace the carb... If you did find a kit that might fit (some zama gaskets might be a close match) it'd probably cost you nearly as much as the new carb anyway. Matter of fact these days Ive taken to advising customers to just get a new machine at wal-mart - this year they got trimmers on the shelf at $74 a piece - so I'm tempted to raise my posted shop labor rate to $74.. hehehe Carb $31, labor $25 Sales tax $4 , for $14 more they can buy a whole new trimmer at wal-mart
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby KE4AVB » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:39 am

38racing wrote:Have the carb in the USC now but I can't find gasket/diaphragm kit for it. It's a Ruixing carb.

And you won't find one most likely. There is only two GND kit available and the rest of the carburetors that these kits don't you have to make up your own from Zama parts which fits a lot of these carburetor with the exception to the two following kit which unique metering diaphragms. Beside you get the 309368003 replacement out of Hong Kong, ebay, or thru Amazon for less than $20. I actually seen for less 10 usd on eBay.

Image Image

This the path many of the parts in the lawn care industry is taking too. Where what we once got just a few years individual parts are now sold only as assemblies. A good example is spindles and and the variable speed pulleys. I currently I just sent a shaft to the machine shop to have a new one made because the needle bearings failed and customer ran the mower until it quit moving and start smoking the engine to variable belt. Customer was willing to spend the $180 for the pulley assembly. And I agree it is stupid especially since the bearing are easily got (though it takes a month to get here) and very reasonable priced so I am ordering about 20 bearings. It was the shaft I don't have a pn for so it is being made. May not last as long as the original but I will heat treat it when I get it to harden it a little more.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:44 pm

After the usc cleaning I put it back together. Nothing. It would only fire on injected carb cleaner. Resigned to ordering the new carb. Had to move it today so of course I had to pull the cord. It actually fired. I could tune it to a good high speed but it just shut down on idle throttle position. Always with a few black puffs so since4 cycle I assume too rich. No load needle adjustment would change things. Needle completely in or even removed. Good high speed but stops on throttle release. Going to order carb before I take a short holiday.
38racing
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum