• Advertisement

zone control cable

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

zone control cable

Postby Ron » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:20 pm

Trying to figure out a part number for a Huskee 22" push mower that has a briggs engine made in 2011. Model number is wore off deck. Measuring conduit I get 44" but if I add the piece that connects to the handle and the other side that snaps into the engine I get 46" total. Cable length without z bends I get 52" and 53 1/2" if I add z bends. :?
Ron
Guide

Advertisement

Re: zone control cable

Postby bgsengine » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:33 pm

clean off the cable housing and examine it carefully , magnifying glass may be helpful - every inch but mostly towards the middle, you may find imprinted part number (even easier if the white ink is still there) .. if it has a dash in it like xxx-xxxx then it can be narrowed down to likely MTD , but if it is 6 digits , it may be more likely a Husqvarna ..

Problem, you see, is that both MTD and Husqvarna made mowers that had Huskee (and variations thereof such as Husky, Huskie, Hus-Kee, and Husk-ee... without model/serial of the label (although if engine is original, model-type number may be a good clue as well) one can only guess - Could also be a Brute (Briggs off-brand version of Snapper mowers) or Murray (Which has been built or owned by so many different manufacturers, It'd be impossible to even begin to guess!)

Other hint might be had by cleaning off the mower blade and see if you can find the part number which might narrow down to a specific manufacturer.. But other than that it's all guesswork since there's been hundreds of different zone cables and some may vary by as little as a quarter inch.. plus different attachment ends.. different z-bend (diameter, etc)
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby Ron » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:34 pm

You're the greatest. Never thought that the pn would be on the cable. Found it 183281. Thank You! :D
Ron
Guide

Postby bgsengine » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:18 pm

Yup 183281 = AYP Husqvarna (532-183281) - fairly common and also available aftermarket from Oregon, I believe. (I think it was 60-102 maybe? Just off the top of my head, no fact to back it up)
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby KE4AVB » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:19 am

Part # 60-110
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby Skywatcher » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:20 am

Also cross references to Stens part # 290-699.
A person who sees Quality and feels it as he works is a person who cares.
A person who cares about what he sees and does is a person who's bound to have some characteristics of Quality.
Robert M. Pirsig. (Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance)
Skywatcher
Forum Pro

Location: Southern Alberta. Where the wheatlands meet the Range.

Postby KE4AVB » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:38 am

Costs depend on your suppliers too. Here Stens is the highest then Oregon with the OEM cable the lowest.

Since I landed Gardner (Dixie Sales) as my distributor many of the OEM parts that Stens sales aftermarket replacements for are at a lower cost. Also recently I ordered some Kohler pre-filters for the Courage singles from Stens and I got relabeled Kohler parts. If Knew that I would have just ordered the Kohler parts.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby bgsengine » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:10 am

KE4AVB wrote: Also recently I ordered some Kohler pre-filters for the Courage singles from Stens and I got relabeled Kohler parts. If Knew that I would have just ordered the Kohler parts.
Yeah I think the stens parts that have the 051- prefix (or similar) are repackaged OE parts - in many cases, I see aftermarket parts that are actually re-packaged OE Parts , and if you are a dealer, they are often available from your distributor for less cost..
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Return to Technical Discussion Forum