• Advertisement

Honda GX340 kicking back

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Honda GX340 kicking back

Postby Cub Cadet 126 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:33 am

I have a Honda GX 340 on a pressure washer . The problem I am having with it is the engine kicks back when you try to start it . It will pull the rewind grip out of your hand and pulls the rope out of the rewind handle. I checked the fly wheel key. took off the pressure washer pump, checked the valve clearance adjustments, replaced the camshaft,lifters, push rods ,rocker arms and pivots, I checked the timing marks on the balancer shaft. It has a new carburetor on it. I didn't do any thing with the ignition coil because it still seemed to do it with the shut off switch in the off position. The engine pulls over freely when you take out the spark plug.I did a leak down test on it and the valves aren't leaking. Does any one have any suggestions or run across this problem before?
Cub Cadet 126

Advertisement

Re: Honda GX340 kicking back

Postby KE4AVB » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:05 am

Double check that you are getting the ACR bump and that you timed the camshaft to crank correctly.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum