• Advertisement

Tecumseh Peerless 6845-P91

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Tecumseh Peerless 6845-P91

Postby KE4AVB » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:18 pm

Anyone got info on the above hydrostatic transaxle? I got leaking fluid so I am needing know at what fluid is used in it. And an IPL and service manual that covers this unit would also be nice. I figuring it is just the seals so I should pull that info off the seals themselves hopefully.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Tecumseh Peerless 6845-P91

Postby aj-allen » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:50 pm

The Hydro Module is only sold as a unit the differential uses 80W90 oil. Axle oil seal is probably 788088a. If you remove the Hydro Module you need a special tool to realign it to the differential. Whole transaxle 2000-002a I think.

Allen
aj-allen
Forum Regular

Postby KE4AVB » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:58 pm

Oh great another non serviceable unit then. It is the Hydro that is leaking, the 2000 series axle assembly is dry. Do you what oil is used in the Hydro unit as I just top it and send the customer on his merry way until the unit fails.

May need to figure out how to replace it with a Tuff-Torq hydro unit later. Very nice looking 2001 Murray model and just to see die because of lack of parts. Of course the dang thing has Tecumseh engine on it too.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby aj-allen » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:45 pm

Could use 730228A
aj-allen
Forum Regular

Postby KE4AVB » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:26 am

Then I can use Mobile One 15W50 Synthetic.

Apparently some manufactures are so afraid that some lowly non-factory trained tech can repair their equipment they will not even provide IPLs. Just want a dealer to repair them when the dealer hire will someone that can't figure out when they got a bad spark plug. Sometimes I think OEM want all of us to be dummy techs [part replacers] just so they can sell whole units.

It is like Hydro Gear that refuses to provide model specific IPLs with the correct part numbers. All they sent me was a generic listing for ZC/ZD series which lead me to order the wrong fan. Now I got to reorder the correct fan. They still won't tell me the correct PN but I was able to figure out what the correct number is without them. Just irritating that I ended with the wrong fan for the one I working on. I going to email HG again getting a little more insisting about getting the right PNs for the one I working on. I done had three of them in the shop this year but I will need the PNs for both the left and right units not just the left. Most of the parts will be the same but there are few that are directional specific like the housing.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby bgsengine » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:55 am

KE4AVB wrote:
It is like Hydro Gear that refuses to provide model specific IPLs with the correct part numbers. All they sent me was a generic listing for ZC/ZD series which lead me to order the wrong fan. Now I got to reorder the correct fan. They still won't tell me the correct PN but I was able to figure out what the correct number is without them. Just irritating that I ended with the wrong fan for the one I working on. I going to email HG again getting a little more insisting about getting the right PNs for the one I working on. I done had three of them in the shop this year but I will need the PNs for both the left and right units not just the left. Most of the parts will be the same but there are few that are directional specific like the housing.
You have a Gardner account right? Use their parts lookup in their portal, pretty sure Hydrogear is still there...
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby KE4AVB » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:20 am

Gardner sells the HG parts but no look-up.

But I find they have the Peerless IPL look-ups. The hydro pump is held on by only three screws and no adjustment of position other than the slight looseness around the screws.

PS found the problem the Peerless. It was the fill/vent tube grommet. I can easily turn the barbed adapter around in the grommet. I ordered the grommet from Partstree. Cheaper than going thru Gardner which would have back ordered it anyway.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby aj-allen » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:40 am

https://imgur.com/vuRbGuN

Peerless LTH Alignment

I can e-mail you the service instructions if you would like.

aj-allen @ usa dot net
aj-allen
Forum Regular

Postby KE4AVB » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:17 am

Email sent even though I didn't need to separate things this time around as the grommet is what that is leaking, about half the oil is missing.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:55 pm

KE4AVB wrote:Oh great another non serviceable unit then. It is the Hydro that is leaking, the 2000 series axle assembly is dry. Do you what oil is used in the Hydro unit as I just top it and send the customer on his merry way until the unit fails.

May need to figure out how to replace it with a Tuff-Torq hydro unit later. Very nice looking 2001 Murray model and just to see die because of lack of parts. Of course the dang thing has Tecumseh engine on it too.

Is the tecumseh engine single or vtwin
38racing
Forum Pro

Next

Return to Technical Discussion Forum