• Advertisement

Snow Anyone?

This is the forum for talking about everything else not related to small engines or outdoor power equipment. - It's the "Coffee Shop" of the PPTEN. Please refrain from discussing Politics or Religion.

Snow Anyone?

Postby Skywatcher » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:02 pm

Greetings All

Although I hate to say it, I think winter may have started already. Lest weekend we were hit with an early winter storm dumping up to 1½ (46 cm) feet of heavy wet snow around here and even more in the foothills. Monday night we dropped down to -18ºC (0ºF or 255ºK). This at least meant the snow was cold enough to shoot through the snow blower on Tuesday morning. Woke up this morning to another 6" (15 cm) of the white stuff sitting on the car and I don't even have my winter's supply of firewood split yet. The radio says the snow fall warning is still on, so who knows how much more snow we're going to get. All the best,

Sky
A person who sees Quality and feels it as he works is a person who cares.
A person who cares about what he sees and does is a person who's bound to have some characteristics of Quality.
Robert M. Pirsig. (Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance)
Skywatcher
Forum Pro

Location: Southern Alberta. Where the wheatlands meet the Range.

Advertisement

Re: Snow Anyone?

Postby RoyM » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:17 pm

:shock: I'm not ready for that! Snow on the mountain to the east this morning but it was gone by noon. We seldom see it on the valley floor before Hallowe'en
Briggs and Stratton MST
RoyM
Forum Pro

Postby Skywatcher » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:51 pm

Hi Again

Well, we had another 6" of snow on Monday night and woke up to -17ºC (2ºF or 256ºK) this morning. Just heard on the radio that the weather office is calling for more snow on Monday (Canadian Thanksgiving). Oh the joys of the Great White North. All the best,

Sky
A person who sees Quality and feels it as he works is a person who cares.
A person who cares about what he sees and does is a person who's bound to have some characteristics of Quality.
Robert M. Pirsig. (Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance)
Skywatcher
Forum Pro

Location: Southern Alberta. Where the wheatlands meet the Range.

Postby RoyM » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:43 am

That is why I left Alberta!
Briggs and Stratton MST
RoyM
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:34 am

Sky, I just got a light frost last night here. Boy going from 90+F to frosty morning is a little rough. A 40+ degree temp swing.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to The Break Room AKA General Discussion