• Advertisement

Need a carb for a Briggs engine????

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: Need a carb for a Briggs engine????

Postby jerkputter123 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:36 am

I am also continuing to work. Nothing really has changed for me except I stopped going into public places unless I got to buy food . I make that fast and when walmart is within a few minutes of closing. I don't own stocks so no need to worry about me losing all my money. I got cash in two different banks and if I can't get it then money will be no good anyway. I say turn off the TV and try to keep going. I also have stopped people from walking in my shop area which I needed to do a long time ago. No need in washing my hands that often because I wouldn't have any skin left lol. They stay greasy so I sure don't touch my face. I have always been sort of a loner as I like working by myself.
jerkputter123
Guide

Re: Need a carb for a Briggs engine????

Postby Arkie » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:48 am

bgsengine wrote:
KE4AVB wrote:But does it have an immunity to to the new corona virus?

as long as the air cleaner wasn't made in china.

Too late for that warning: (but thanks anyway)

I happened to see a Briggs and Stratton flat plastic box type air breather that with just couple small mod's would fit onto the carb and make the engine look Briggs original, but I installed a new air filter (made in China). Had the engine on a test stand outside the shop, started it up and left it test running. Couple hours later as I was doing other things it started sputtering, coughing and died. Sounded like maybe covid 19 got into it's lungs. :o
The low oil pressure shutdown failed. Had to remove the float and give it a good cleaning. 2nd test ok.
I had run the engine for couple days with the old USA Tecumseh air filter in place with no issues at all.
I suspect you are correct. the China air filter is/was contaminated. The air filter was still in it's China sealed wrap and has been in the shop for about a year. :bricks: :o ;)
Arkie
Forum Pro

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum