• Advertisement

Murray 42590X92A manual?

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Murray 42590X92A manual?

Postby Arkie » Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:35 am

Need owners manual, a link to download such or a manual that is in the ball park for a Murray model 42590X92A, serial 7374710661P00143, lawn tractor.

Online searches come up with parts manual only. (even from the Murray site)

Need a manual that shows adjustments, how to replace/install a[b][u] non-existent 95 inch long motion drive belt, etc???[/u][/b]

This is type mower that deck has to be removed, steering column lifted, idler pulleys removed, etc. (lots of threading and removing parts. Old belt is gone so no reference using the old belt routing???
Arkie
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Murray 42590X92A manual?

Postby KE4AVB » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:21 am

Arkie, I know following model is not the same number but if the IPls are it is the same setup drive belt wise so take a look at this Murray Scotts drv belt installation instructions and see if this helps.

https://outdoorpowerinfo.com/repairs/murray_scotts_46561x8_hydro_belts.asp
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby Arkie » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:50 am

KE4AVB wrote:Arkie, I know following model is not the same number but if the IPls are it is the same setup drive belt wise so take a look at this Murray Scotts drv belt installation instructions and see if this helps.

https://outdoorpowerinfo.com/repairs/murray_scotts_46561x8_hydro_belts.asp

Using your for hints and the parts manual I found will make it easier. I just noticed that my Model number is listed in your link info.

The belt has to go completely above the steering plate and each side of the sector gear.

Would have been easier if the old belt was still on the machine.

I did not know outdoor power had the dry belt install for some mowers.

They have a good small carb dis/assembly section also which I posted previously.

Thanks for the link info.
Arkie
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:25 am

I did not know outdoor power had the dry belt install for some mowers.

I didn't either, it just was the research lead me to them.

Would have been easier if the old belt was still on the machine.

Yes that usually helps but a few times I get in mower half taken a part so the IPL is all I got to got by along my previous experiences

Several Murrays and JDs drive belts goes above the steering sector gear. It can either go to one side of the steering shaft or you may need to remove the steering shaft depending on the belt path. I have already done both styles this year. That Murray mower you have does has an usual drive belt path and in ten years I only seen it once and it was on a Scotts mower.

Scotts mower were made by both Murray and JD so it a little confusing as to who to get the IPL from at times but it seems be the way things are going right with several models mowers. Just take more research which more our time.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum