• Advertisement

Ryobi tank filter

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Ryobi tank filter

Postby 38racing » Thu May 14, 2020 11:30 am

What a PITA. My aftermarket kit had filter separate from fuel line. Hot water and pliers and cursing to get it on. Now can't get it through the tank hole. Couple videos make it look easy. I'm about to measure with caliper and maybe enlarge the tank hole a bit.
38racing
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Ryobi tank filter

Postby bgsengine » Thu May 14, 2020 12:44 pm

I'd just buy a new tank assembly complete with lines & filter and forgo the headaches.. But then, I'd never buy a Ryobi in the first place.. I refuse to take them in for repairs (also Homelite, any of the MTD brands, poulan-weedeater, or low-end Husqvarna or Stihl units.. they all pretty much the same way - made in china to be disposable once out of warranty.. )
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Re: Ryobi tank filter

Postby KE4AVB » Thu May 14, 2020 2:52 pm

Probably got one tank mounted filter. Convert over to a regular setup and be done with it.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum