• Advertisement

blade with slit

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

blade with slit

Postby 38racing » Fri May 22, 2020 9:57 pm

I have a murray push mower and the ipl shows a blade of 7100851. When I look it up various places it appears to be pretty much normal blade. However the blade currently on the mower has a slit in the ends about 2 1/2 inches long by 1/2 wide in direction of blade (not like shark tooth). What type of blade is that
38racing
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: blade with slit

Postby hanz63 » Fri May 22, 2020 10:12 pm

It sounds familiar like I've seen that on a Murray Scotts before. No number stamped on the blade?
hanz63
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Sun May 24, 2020 8:44 pm

Haven't checked for a number. What are people's thoughts on the the shark tooth. I have a couple of mowers with them and was debating replacing with standard mulch.
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Mon May 25, 2020 5:56 am

The blade you posting about looks like this?
If so it is the Ninga blade which is a mulching blade. The one picture here is the 21" blade for walk behinds.

And yes I have seen one walk behind with the shark's tooth style Gator blade too. I think it is still on the equipment yard with a bad Kohler engine.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Mon May 25, 2020 8:40 am

KE4AVB wrote:The blade you posting about looks like this?
If so it is the Ninga blade which is a mulching blade. The one picture here is the 21" blade for walk behinds.

And yes I have seen one walk behind with the shark's tooth style Gator blade too. I think it is still on the equipment yard with a bad Kohler engine.

Similar but pieces are parallel at ends on mine.
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Mon May 25, 2020 9:27 pm

Funny. I just watched a mustie1 video where he got a end of driveway snapper self propelled. Blade looked just like that.
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby bgsengine » Tue May 26, 2020 7:00 am

38racing wrote:

Funny. I just watched a mustie1 video where he got a end of driveway snapper self propelled. Blade looked just like that.

SNapper = Briggs..... Murray = Briggs.... Brute = Briggs.... Simplicity = Briggs...... Any wonder so many parts interchange? And yeah Ive seen a couple of those style blades in both designs.. You may also come across some landscape pros that run double (X-ed) blades on their commercial mowers as they claim they get a smoother and better cut and better mulching performance - basically they take a second set of blades, and install them at right angles to the first blades (really only works on those blades that are centered by the retaining bolts, but most true commercial units will be like that) .. those pictured blades we're talking here seem to have a rather similar purpose..
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby 38racing » Tue May 26, 2020 8:02 am

His snapper might have been pre briggs . He figured the 90s but never actually checked code on the briggs engine lol
38racing
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum