• Advertisement

Ariens Tractor Burning Smell

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: Ariens Tractor Burning Smell

Postby KE4AVB » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:13 pm

Note that is an AYP design deck. Also check that the is 1/2 x 95-1/2.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby lefty » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:23 pm

I will check it. Thank you.
lefty
Forum Pro

Postby lefty » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:26 pm

KE4AVB wrote:Note that is an AYP design deck. Also check that the is 1/2 x 95-1/2.

So I replaced the spring, removed cleaned and lubed up the components, added a new spring and although the blades didn't fully engage on their own this time, I could definitely hear and smell the belt burning up. Turns out, the belt is 93.5ish inches. Someone must have replaced the belt with the wrong one. So I need to pick one up.

Thank you
lefty
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:02 pm

Probably one of those after markets that I had so much trouble last year.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby lefty » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:01 pm

Any suggestions on where to get this belt? My local store told me they don't sell incremental belts, only whole inches. So I got one off amazon.

Came today. It's less than 94 inches. I actually spoke to the current owner to find out why that belt was on there. She said she ordered one online about a year ago for her father, who installed it. That's the one that I measured at 93.5ish.

So now I've also been burnt by the internet as well. I'm not sure what to do. From my experience, all of these companies that sell on the internet are drawing from the same pool. Who's a reputable dealer I could get this from? I have no problem going OEM. But even when they say OEM, it's not always OEM.
lefty
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:19 pm

Either order a 532144959 Husqvarna / AYP OEM belt or try a Stens 265-938.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby bgsengine » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:25 pm

lefty wrote:Any suggestions on where to get this belt? My local store told me they don't sell incremental belts, only whole inches. So I got one off amazon.

Came today. It's less than 94 inches. I actually spoke to the current owner to find out why that belt was on there. She said she ordered one online about a year ago for her father, who installed it. That's the one that I measured at 93.5ish.

So now I've also been burnt by the internet as well. I'm not sure what to do. From my experience, all of these companies that sell on the internet are drawing from the same pool. Who's a reputable dealer I could get this from? I have no problem going OEM. But even when they say OEM, it's not always OEM.

try ereplacementparts.com - while they do "jack up" their prices from retail, you are guaranteed to get OEM when they say OEM.

Also, partstree.com is very reliable at getting OEM when you order OEM - Those are the only two places in my experience that I can 100% depend on getting exactly what I order (barring a mis-packed shipment or other packing/picking error which they DO take care of quite quickly)
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby 38racing » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:07 pm

I expect that www.repairclinic.com has oem.
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:09 pm

Are there any spindle guards missing? I have an mtd and belt will not stop if those guards are missing.
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby lefty » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:50 pm

Thank you.
lefty
Forum Pro

PreviousNext

Return to Technical Discussion Forum