• Advertisement

Husqvarna W/ CVT's

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Husqvarna W/ CVT's

Postby hanz63 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:55 pm

So I've cleaned up some of the 800 series General Transmission for the not stopping when the pedal is released with success. Done a couple variator replacements etc. But this year I'm finding several with the complaint of a harsh shift. Meaning you pretty much have the jam the pedal to do a directional change. On 2 of these 400's so far I've cleaned the cam and below the variator with no good results. One earlier may have been a 800. Is there an economical fix on these? Hours on these machines that they fail are stupidly low. I'm thinking that they will fail again soon if they were fied.
hanz63
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Husqvarna W/ CVT's

Postby KE4AVB » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:49 pm

So far I have only seen a couple RS800 and none of the RT400. Personally I don't really care for this design but my experience with these is very limited. They just don't seem to design for the mowing environment as they seem to be debris sensitive.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby hanz63 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:13 pm

IMO one of those things that shouldn't have gone to market. Criminal really.
hanz63
Forum Pro

Postby RoyM » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:05 pm

That is why I am glad to be out of the service side, too much of that crap on the market.
Briggs and Stratton MST
RoyM
Forum Pro

Postby Gerry » Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:17 pm

Think I see a 800 in my future, is it best just to drop it for cleaning and bench it for trouble shooting? Read on the internet or you tube that even if it leaking grease it has enough left in it to work, anyone know different?

Thanks

Gerry
Gerry
Guide

Postby KE4AVB » Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:39 pm

Instructions directly from General Transmissions. which asked about the very question of lost grease due to bad axle seal. They replacement seal and test the unit for 30 minutes while feeling the bottom of the transaxle for excessive heat. IF overheating then grease can be added I believe via the inversion area. Have photo of the area GT sent if you need it.

Personally not a fan of a plastic transaxle.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum