• Advertisement

Echo PB400E High Speed Adjustment

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Echo PB400E High Speed Adjustment

Postby oli » Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:36 pm

Echo backpack power blower, PB-400E. Replaced carb with OEM Walbro, WA-55-1. Manual lists maximum high speed rpm of 7500 rpm. At 7500 rpm's measured with a reliable digital tachometer, the engine "4-cycles" and fluctuates from running smoothly to "4-cycling". Leaning out the hi-speed carb adjustment screw until the engine reached 8100 rpm's is when the "4-cycling" stopped and the engine smoothed out. Can I safely operate this machine at a higher rpm than indicated in the manual? Muffler, and exhaust port are clean. New air filter, fuel lines, and fuel filter. I allowed the engine to warm up before making adjustments. Machine was operated with the blower pipes. Thanks in advance.
oli

Advertisement

Re: Echo PB400E High Speed Adjustment

Postby KE4AVB » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:12 am

It should be fine; although, I think you may have a little less restrictive in discharge causing less of a load on the blower fan. Service info that I have indicates using three sections of tubes when setting the rpm. One model in that series does run at 8000 rpms.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum