• Advertisement

My first tecumseh vlv

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

My first tecumseh vlv

Postby 38racing » Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:03 pm

On a craftsman self propelled left at our scrap dropoff. Hope it wasn't run like this.
http://web.ncf.ca/da229/smallengine/Nest1.jpg
38racing
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: My first tecumseh vlv

Postby bobodu » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:43 am

Probably got put away after the sparkie thing got busted... :D
There's hope there...
"Give me a fast ship, for I intend to go into harm's way."
bobodu
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby KE4AVB » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:35 am

There is not even remote chance there is anything wrong with that engine or the Craftsman it is sitting. Should run great as it is. The ads I have seen it was running great the last time I used it comes to mind.

Sorry just had to say it. Yes it does look it in serious need of attention and you won't know how bad it is until you get to work on it. Here I don't even mess walk behinds any more since I can't seem to move them after repairs. Surely not going to sell a mower for $20 that I have installed $70 in parts on. I got about a 16 ft full of them now that is just going to recycle center in a few weeks.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:33 pm

If I can get running without major effort then I sell and the money less any part cost goes to the church since the dropoff is for it. I usually sell cheap because even $20 would be like 500 lbs of scrap.
38racing
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum