• Advertisement

Zama priming

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Zama priming

Postby 38racing » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:30 pm

I just cleaned in USC and same new gnd kit into two similar zama c1u carbs. New primer bulb in one. On bench when I push primer on one I get swooish noise. Installed on trimmer it primed and runs. The second one makes no noise. Can I expect that when installed it won't prime?
38racing
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Zama priming

Postby RoyM » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:33 pm

You should hear air when you push the primer. Something is plugged or not properly installed.
Briggs and Stratton MST
RoyM
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:03 am

38racing wrote:I just cleaned in USC and same new gnd kit into two similar zama c1u carbs. New primer bulb in one. On bench when I push primer on one I get swooish noise. Installed on trimmer it primed and runs. The second one makes no noise. Can I expect that when installed it won't prime?

Yes you should expect it not to prime. Even they make a sound they may not prime. I had several so far this year where the primer base check valves have failed. At least most the C1U primer bases are available as far as I know. The ones I problems have been C1Q carburetors on Stihl which are so costly it is just as cheap to replace the whole carburetor since those parts are only available through a local dealer that has no idea how to repair one of these carburetors. They only stock complete carburetors and maybe GND kit; no real repair kit.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:44 pm

Just had another seized trimmer left at dumpster. Looks like ssme carb so I might get it going.
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:15 pm

It would start and run if I primed with some cc into the intake. I went out and got primer body from the other similar weedeater. It was different , because it was a walbro, lol. Found another with a Zama and used it. Primes good. I may put the old one through USC and even spray it. Nothing to lose except my unvaluable time.
38racing
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum