• Advertisement

Husqvarna 350 chainsaw

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: Husqvarna 350 chainsaw

Postby bobodu » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:09 pm

I just get tired of everyone blaming Trump for their own personal condition....
I lived through Obama and his " new normal economy" ....seems like records being broken everyday before Covid was a " magic wand"....
"Give me a fast ship, for I intend to go into harm's way."
bobodu
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby KE4AVB » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:58 am

This is getting way too politico to be openly discuss on this forum so I am sending you a PM Bob.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:37 pm

KE4AVB wrote:The question is how many you must go through the get a good one from the cheap Chinese cloners? Every one that I have brought so far has had problems.

I am getting to the point of just quit trying to even to repair anything. Just spent a week buying and getting in blades and debris caps for a Husqvarna Revelation mower deck to only end up finding both $140 quick change assemblies bent; therefore, I reverted the deck back to standard spindles and blades. Good thing I brought those spindles back in June for stock.

Then there is the PA540A I am working on where Kawasaki has the oil on a nation-wide back order for at least 8 weeks and the O-ring as NLA. Hopefully I have ordered the right dash o-ring and oil seal out CA. They should be here in a week for me to try them.

And we yet to feel the full effect of the Covid-19 induced problems. I just got smacked by MTD and Husqvarna with major price increases; the rest of OEMs will follow their lead shortly. The Husqvarna price file was a mess and took over a day to straighten out. And MTD made prices at the wholesale level but left the retail prices the same so some items are now at listed at nearly cost which I need to catch before quoting repairs. Here is an example of one of the Husqvarna price increases that just got slapped with. A spindle shaft that sold for under $16 with a cost of $9.5 is now listed at $48 and costs $24 plus shipping. The customer is screaming at me for the price increase which all I can do is sale the two parts at cost.

Thanks to DJT for this because of all his pissing off other countries and his tariffs. If we stay on the same path as the last four years we are going to be in one heck of a mess. Old folks are already becoming expendable as hospitals are now starting to turn us away in preference of the younger folks; basically it taxpayers over non taxpayers. Of course we are not going to have the medical insurance much longer if Medicare and Social Security is killed off. Regular insurance including ACA is already beyond my total income. I tried back in October last year, my income at the time was $300 average per month and the lowest the they wanted was $1200 per month so you guess it I don't have any insurance and I even avoid going to the doctor now; unless, absolutely necessary. I even tried to get on my state's Medicaid and was turned down as I made too much money according to them. I would be better just killing myself; so there, I said it.

Just a comment on the price jumps. A friend's looking for a radar side sensor for his Buick. It was out of stock at rockauto so I signed up for email when in stock again. About a week or so ago I get the email. In stock at $232 cdn. Day before yesterday I'm checking with my friend. I look it up and it's back to not in stock. Sign up again and get email today . In stock for $296 cdn. Exactly same part .
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby bgsengine » Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:47 pm

38racing wrote:Just a comment on the price jumps. A friend's looking for a radar side sensor for his Buick. It was out of stock at rockauto so I signed up for email when in stock again. About a week or so ago I get the email. In stock at $232 cdn. Day before yesterday I'm checking with my friend. I look it up and it's back to not in stock. Sign up again and get email today . In stock for $296 cdn. Exactly same part .

easy to explain - their cost went up without adjusting the retail price on the website, so they "zero out" the stock manually until their sales team determines a new price. not uncommon, really - I used to have to do that frequently in the winter and spring as those "price adjustments" started to hit my re-stocking orders..
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby KE4AVB » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:52 pm

Exactly what apparently happen to me recently on a b/o item. When the distributor sent the parts they charged the latest prices instead of honor the previous price given the original order. THey actually should give my discount forthe shipping since the new drove the original over the $200 free level but they won't.

BTW I download the new Husqvarna price file and what a mess in the comma delimited version. It took over 8 hrs to straighten it out so I could load it correctly. Next they the distributor will need to straighten it first. I hate spending all Sunday doing it for them, I had better things like my house work and grocery shopping.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby Dale_W » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:34 am

Good Morning. So...back to the Husqvarna 350...

Finally got a look at it. Planned on removing carb so I could check internal screen.

I cant seem to pull the carb out of the rubber boot! There is a plastic clamp that I unsnapped, but that carb just will not slide out.

What am I missing?

Thank you.
Dale_W
Guide

Postby KE4AVB » Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:24 am

Did you remove the air cleaner to carburetor plastic piece?

Also do you need the SM? I can upload temporarily to my One Drive and send a link via PM or send as attachment via email but I will need your permission to sent it via to your registered email address.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby Dale_W » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:23 am

Thank you.
I removed the plastic piece that hold the air cleaner to the carb. The carb came right off the boot.

I checked the internal screen. Looked clean as a whistle.
The next suggestion was the in-tank filter.

I pulled the fuel line and filter out of the tank and hooked the line up the 'in' nipple on the purge bulb.
Dropped the filter in a container of fuel, and tested. The bulb filled and squirted fuel. So far so good.

Hooked up the nice clean carb into the equation. Now i have the complete set up, but the carb on my bench, not in the saw.
Do you think the purge bulb would fill? it would not.
I took the easy route first. I replaced that 1" line between the carb and the bulb.

Now the bulb fills with gas by pulling it thru the carb.

I think I will put it all back together with a new 1" line and give it a test.

The rest of the lines are still pretty pliable at this point. I know I know, I should probably replace all the lines.

If it won't run nice, I will pursue that service manual. Thank you very much for that.

I will let you know what I find.

Dale
Dale_W
Guide

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum