• Advertisement

Ryobi RBC430SBD

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: Ryobi RBC430SBD

Postby SUKI » Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:08 pm

And here I thought I was the only one to suggest an operator or technician to read the manuals. The first thing most operators do is put the owners manual in File 13.
SUKI
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Skywatcher » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:28 pm

Well said Suki, well said :lol:

Stoner,

KE4 gave you the link to the owner's manual, read it. There's an old saying that goes; The Lord helps them who helps themselves.

You evidently have Internet connection, otherwise you wouldn't be here. There is quite a lot of information about these units on Google and quite a few Youtube videos. Do some research for yourself, then if you really get stuck, check back here and we'll see what we can do for you.

Sky
A person who sees Quality and feels it as he works is a person who cares.
A person who cares about what he sees and does is a person who's bound to have some characteristics of Quality.
Robert M. Pirsig. (Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance)
Skywatcher
Forum Pro

Location: Southern Alberta. Where the wheatlands meet the Range.

Postby Stoner » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:30 am

Skywatcher wrote:Well said Suki, well said :lol:

Stoner,

KE4 gave you the link to the owner's manual, read it. There's an old saying that goes; The Lord helps them who helps themselves.

You evidently have Internet connection, otherwise you wouldn't be here. There is quite a lot of information about these units on Google and quite a few Youtube videos. Do some research for yourself, then if you really get stuck, check back here and we'll see what we can do for you.

Sky

It was not clear - when checking the oil, do you need to screw in the dipstick or not?
Stoner

Postby KE4AVB » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:08 am

Well duh.

Are you even reading all the posts? But I can't make you read them. That's on you.

Let's try one more time>>>>

<These the instructions extracted from the owners manual>

To check engine lubricant level:
 Set unit on a flat surface.
 Wipe dipstick clean and re-seat in hole; do not rethread. (to clarify "Do not screw it in")
 Remove dipstick again and check lubricant level. Lubricant level should fall within the hatched area on the dipstick.
 If level is low, add engine lubricant until the fluid level rises to the upper portion of the hatched area on the dipstick.
 Replace and secure the oil cap/dipstick.

BTW the last line of the quote mean screw it in until tight.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby Stoner » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:26 am

Thank you, I see.
Stoner

Postby Stoner » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:03 am

KE4AVB wrote:
Stoner wrote:
KE4AVB wrote:There is one major problem those engines. They use a non pressurized oil system via a dipper type system. If the trimmers are ran on their side there is no oiling occuring. Most that I worked on that oil dripping out the air filter box are trashed piston and cylinder wise. It is the reason Ryobi only offers a short block for these engines. BTW even to replace the timing belt requires you disassemble the crankshaft. It is the reason I will not even take these 4 cycler in for repairs. The only two OEMs that I have repaired that work well sideways are the Stihl 4 mix and the Shindaiwa 4 cycler trimmers.

So when using a trimmer, is it better not to tilt it sideways? How is the crankshaft disassembled?

Right they are designed for upright operation only.

It takes a hydraulic press and it not a job for a non experienced tech. This is because the crankshaft maybe splined assemble one that must correctly re-align exactly as was prior to disassembly. If had D shaped setup than it is a lot easier. It is not recommended for anyone to do this.

Personally I don't try repair this crappy four cycle handhelds. The first and only two I ever disassemble because of struck rings only lasted four hours after I got repaired before it failed again. The manufacture does not provide parts to anything inside the short block. They simply do not want anyone repairing these units.

What was the problem?
Stoner

Postby Stoner » Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:59 am

Good afternoon, what oil can be used: mineral, synthetic or semi-synthetic?
Stoner

Postby KE4AVB » Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:31 am

Manual specs conventional motor oil but a synthetic that meets the API service classification SJ can be used.

This unit is shipped with a 20W50 engine lubricant to assist in the break-in period. For best operating performance, continuing to use 20W50 engine lubricant is recommended,
however, SAE 30, 10W30, or 10W40 are all acceptable lubricants to use in this product. Always use a 4-stroke engine lubricant that meets or exceeds the requirements for API service classification SJ.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby Stoner » Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:21 am

Hello, is it possible to increase the mowing width when mowing? How will this affect the operation of the trimmer?
Stoner

Postby bgsengine » Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:31 pm

Stoner wrote:Hello, is it possible to increase the mowing width when mowing?
Possible, yes, by removing line limiters HOWEVER:
How will this affect the operation of the trimmer?

It'll bog down, lack power and overheat and eventually burn up because they are designed for a specific load (the line length) and increasing the load beyond design limits, obviously, will kill the engine.
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

PreviousNext

Return to Technical Discussion Forum