• Advertisement

Quality Repair Parts/Advice.

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Quality Repair Parts/Advice.

Postby Bob O » Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:31 am

I have a couple pieces of older Stihl equipment that could use tune-ups.
One is a BG86-Z [4241-011-1710 or 284703335]* blower that's been used for home use only along with a FS90 [ 4180-011-2328 or 284927853]* string trimmer.
Looking for quality parts to either rebuild the carbs or replace them if that makes more sense these day.

I also have a powermate edger [P-WLE-0Z99-F2N] that leaks fuel from the carb. Cleaning the needle and seat didn't fix it so I'm looking for a quality [If that's possible] carb to change it out.
Edit - Here's the PN for the edger carb A100626.

*Not sure which number is the SN.

Thanks for any guidance,
Bob O
Bob O

Advertisement

Re: Quality Repair Parts/Advice.

Postby KE4AVB » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:14 am

Kinda bad news on the Stihl units as far as repairing the carburetors. When Stihl started enforcing their Dealer only policy on Zama carburetors and repairs kit made only for Stihl it became nearly impossible to repair carburetors. Even they only need repair kits which I can get out Hong Kong it is problematic especially you need a primer base. So you are stuck with dealing with a local dealer. Hopefully you can find one that is reasonably priced. Note that repair kits if you can even get one through the dealer are usually price priced over 50% of a new carburetor. Si it is better just to replace the carbs; unless, you are in the business and can wait 2 months for the kits to arrive.

As for the Powermate carb here is a source for OEM carburetor but note these are now listed as NLA (no longer available) so availability is limited.

https://www.ereplacementparts.com/carburetor-assyzj151feh0502-p-1861752.html

As the Stihl SN it is the second number the number set you posted. The ones starting 4241 and 4180 are the specific model numbers.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Re: Quality Repair Parts/Advice.

Postby Bob O » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:34 am

Thank you. I work on sourcing the Stihl carbs locally and order an OEM carb for the edger.
Bob O

Return to Technical Discussion Forum