• Advertisement

china inverter ??

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

china inverter ??

Postby BLES » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:38 am

New Holland branded inverter generator labelled BN2000i
Model: N2000i ser: N-A1404001403 2500watt/4.6hp

Stopped suddenly. No spark. Plug verified good.
Any idea how to diagnose no spark condition? Coil on this has seven wires going into it and is mounted externally on the engine, not on the flywheel. Obviously has a different trigger setup.

Normally I would unhook kill wire at coil and check for spark, and then work back from there. But, this is totally different.

Any help is appreciated.
BLES
BLES
Guide

Advertisement

Re: china inverter ??

Postby Skywatcher » Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:52 pm

Hi Bles

My experience with these Chinese built inverter generators is if it's still under warranty, take it back to the dealer. If the warranty has expired, they're usually not worth bothering with. Once you start taking these machines to pieces and trying to trouble shoot various systems, the labor charge quickly exceeds half the price of a new unit. My guess is that being branded New Holland, the unit was probably a promotional freebee that came with the purchase of a tractor or combine harvester or some similar promotional offer.

If it's your own unit and you have lots of time to tinker with the unit, see if your local New Holland dealer has any diagnostic info on these machines that they are willing to share with you, or open a chat with a technician at Generator Guru (http://www.generatorguru.com) who might or might not be able to help you. That's about as much help as I can be on this unit for now. All the best,

Sky
A person who sees Quality and feels it as he works is a person who cares.
A person who cares about what he sees and does is a person who's bound to have some characteristics of Quality.
Robert M. Pirsig. (Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance)
Skywatcher
Forum Pro

Location: Southern Alberta. Where the wheatlands meet the Range.

Postby BLES » Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:42 pm

Skywatcher wrote:My experience with these Chinese built inverter generators is if it's still under warranty, take it back to the dealer. If the warranty has expired, they're usually not worth bothering with.

Sky

I couldn't agree more! I said I'd look at this for a friend who bought it (against my recommendation). Just trying to help.
Thanks.
BLES
BLES
Guide

Postby hanz63 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:21 pm

This summer I had 2 odd Chinese engines that had bad spark plug wire ends. Maybe they get them out of the same pit....
hanz63
Forum Pro

Postby Skywatcher » Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:02 pm

Hi Hanz

Good point. Briggs have a lot of trouble with the shielded sparkplug boots on their lawnmower engines. Might be worth simply trying a different sparkplug boot, like a good NGK one for starters. All the best,

Sky
A person who sees Quality and feels it as he works is a person who cares.
A person who cares about what he sees and does is a person who's bound to have some characteristics of Quality.
Robert M. Pirsig. (Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance)
Skywatcher
Forum Pro

Location: Southern Alberta. Where the wheatlands meet the Range.

Return to Technical Discussion Forum