• Advertisement

V-Plex Clutch/Pulley

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

V-Plex Clutch/Pulley

Postby Bob O » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:41 am

Looking for some help locating a replacement for this* centrifugal clutch/pulley. It's currently on an eXmark turf rake but can't say it's original but I think it might be.
V-Plex I8CB26
Shaft – 3/4” with 3/16 key-way
Pulley OD- 3-1/4”
“Seems” to start engaging at 1,100 RPM

* I have pictures but not sure how to add them.

Thanks,
Bob O

Advertisement

Re: V-Plex Clutch/Pulley

Postby bgsengine » Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:00 am

have you checked out the Comet line? (Comet Clutch, manufactured by Certified Parts Corp) as long as you find one with the same specs.. These clutches are fairly common aftermarket offerings.. often from Stens.com or similar suppliers.. (have you tried a search on Amazon? )
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby Bob O » Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:33 am

I hadn't heard of Comet so Thank you. I did find one from Max Torque in at a variety prices.
Anyone have any dealings with MFG Supply? They are half the price of Amazon.

https://www.mfgsupply.com/gomini/gomini ... 4-864.html

https://www.amazon.com/Max-Torque-Pulle ... 123&sr=8-1

Thanks!
Bob O

Postby bgsengine » Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:16 pm

I havent bought from them before, however, .. based on the part number, I'd say they're re-selling Rotary parts Max Torque is another decent brand, Ive used them before as well but mostly in chain drive applications, so can't speak to their CVT clutches.. I doubt you'd have any issues buying from mfg supply (they were a big power seller on ebay too, before it got flooded with chinese knockoffs, and idiots that were just drop-shipping from alibaba listings for a few cents profit a pop... they did their own website instead, like several other former ebay power sellers I know of..) On the other hand, when you buy from amazon, you get much better product backing (returns or similar issues are often fairly covered, as long as it is shipped from amazon, or better yet sold & shipped by Amazon) However, odds are, with max-torque , probably have no trouble as long as they ship you the correct part as described..
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby KE4AVB » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:01 am

A image or copy of the IPL would help as the following is what I found on a V-Plex clutch operation.

https://www.waynet.org/waynet/spotlight/2007/070319-vplex-clutch.htm
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby Bob O » Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:25 am

Thank you. I 'll give Max Torque a try.
Bob O

Return to Technical Discussion Forum