• Advertisement

Tecumseh 10HP fuel line size??

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: Tecumseh 10HP fuel line size??

Postby creia » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:34 pm

bgsengine wrote:Briggs fuel line part number 395051R is a perfect fit on those old tecumseh engines.. the O.D. of the line is a bit smaller, they use (If I recall right) 795001 hose clamp or at least I know part number starts with a 7 ... maybe it was 791005 ...

The clamp is Briggs Part # 710075
Michael
creia
Forum Pro

Postby bgsengine » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:00 pm

creia wrote:
bgsengine wrote:Briggs fuel line part number 395051R is a perfect fit on those old tecumseh engines.. the O.D. of the line is a bit smaller, they use (If I recall right) 795001 hose clamp or at least I know part number starts with a 7 ... maybe it was 791005 ...

The clamp is Briggs Part # 710075
Michael

DAT BE DE ONE! :) Thanks. for some silly reason I ALWAYS seem to think it starts with 79.. can't seem to get "71" to stick in the ol' noggin..
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby KE4AVB » Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:31 am

Tnx for the PN BGS I'll a roll on order here for stock too as I have projects needs a smaller OD line but they not always lawn care engines not some ATVs. I might even a few of those clamps just to have them on hand.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:16 pm

Skywatcher wrote:Hi Again

Just looked at B&S part # 395051R on Parts tree and sure enough it says .250 x .440 right on the hose. Just checked my supplier and a 50 foot roll isn't much more than a 6 foot length from Tecumseh. Looks to me like that's the way to go, so I've added a roll to my next parts order. Thanks for that bit of info BG. All the best,

Sky

My lookup from a usa and cdn supplier show about 80$ cdn all in for 25 ft roll.
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby Skywatcher » Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:26 pm

Hi 38

You're right, it is a 25 foot roll, but my dealer cost is still a whole lot less than the $80.00 you've been quoted. The forum rules require we not go into details re cost vs retail, but it sounds to me like you've been quoted retail plus shipping and GST with a little extra on the side for the distributer's pocket. All the best,

Sky
A person who sees Quality and feels it as he works is a person who cares.
A person who cares about what he sees and does is a person who's bound to have some characteristics of Quality.
Robert M. Pirsig. (Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance)
Skywatcher
Forum Pro

Location: Southern Alberta. Where the wheatlands meet the Range.

Postby KE4AVB » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:08 am

Skywatcher wrote:Hi 38

You're right, it is a 25 foot roll, but my dealer cost is still a whole lot less than the $80.00 you've been quoted. The forum rules require we not go into details re cost vs retail, but it sounds to me like you've been quoted retail plus shipping and GST with a little extra on the side for the distributer's pocket. All the best,

Sky

Definitely a case of price gouging here in my opinion. Either that you got one heck a tax rate. Here is what my Briggs distributor is selling this 25ft roll for and what the Briggs suggest retail prices. This represent a 20% GPMU through I charge by the foot so I up more at 35% GPMU. IF I was to sell the complete at one time and it was special order; otherwords, not part of my regular orders then I would add the shipping costs to the retail.
now of course below prices don't include shipping. This particular changed their shipping rates to retail UPS; unless, I order 200 usd worth of items. It been a pain as some are just shy of this but I learn just throw some cheap throw away item to the order. Boy they probably hate those 200.03 orders. :lol:

The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:37 am

Sky

Yes. They were retail with shipping and tax from two places that I get oem. One in USA, other in Canada.
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:41 am

KE4AVB wrote:

Sky

Definitely a case of price gouging here in my opinion. Either that you got one heck a tax rate. Here is what my Briggs distributor is selling this 25ft roll for and what the Briggs suggest retail prices. This represent a 20% GPMU through I charge by the foot so I up more at 35% GPMU. IF I was to sell the complete at one time and it was special order; otherwords, not part of my regular orders then I would add the shipping costs to the retail.
now of course below prices don't include shipping. This particular changed their shipping rates to retail UPS; unless, I order 200 usd worth of items. It been a pain as some are just shy of this but I learn just throw some cheap throw away item to the order. Boy they probably hate those 200.03 orders. :lol:

I used to get belts from a&i years back but they upped the shipping too much and I also found an aftermarket supplier that gives me discount at my hobby level buying. Unfortunately their fuel line has the larger od.
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:47 am

KE4AVB wrote:

Sky

Interesting that it displayed cdn$ . I went to website and part shows not available outside US even after I picked Canadian dealer.
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:51 am

Wow. Just found it on amazon.ca for 51$ cdn and free shipping. Shows briggs oem box and states 7/16 od. Looks like the real deal.
38racing
Forum Pro

PreviousNext

Return to Technical Discussion Forum