• Advertisement

Tecumseh 10HP fuel line size??

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: Tecumseh 10HP fuel line size??

Postby SUKI » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:59 am

38racing wrote:I checked my aftermarket line . it has Oregon number on it and is printed as 1/4 id 7/16 od but caliper had od at .45. Costs me 22 cdn for 25 ft. They have more pliable for more $ but says od is 1/2.

This just gets my dander up just because manufactures think we are so dumb that we will accept anything. Here it is .0125" as 7/16" is .4375".

As things I get machine has to be accurate so should be publish specs. I mean .001 makes a world of difference at times. That is the difference between a bearing fitting loose or needing to be lightly pressed on tight. Which is why I have to the Husqvarna 675HWT spindle slightly knurled as if leave the bearing inner ID loose it wears out the shaft journal.

Sending items that meet the published specs is just plain wrong. No wonder so many of us gets junk when trying to use aftermarket parts.

I read where AVB threw out $1000 in after market belts that didn't meet the specs. I can say he right about them as I have experience the same problem. If at all possible I install OEM belts but even they are off at times but at they comes closer to fitting right.

I wonder if his vendor ever got them right or is still conning their clients.
SUKI
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum