• Advertisement

Nikki Carb

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Nikki Carb

Postby bob » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:22 pm

Cleaning carb on a Briggs and Stratton 21m114-1362-E1 which has a Nikki carb. Removing plastic part to look at bowl when I thought I heard something dropto floor. I could not find anything but I am wondering is anything like a spring on the float/needle. I can not find a good parts illustration to tell for sure. Float itself is not level so that is another reason I think there is. MY mistake and now I need help. Thanks
bob
Forum Regular

Advertisement

Re: Nikki Carb

Postby Gerry » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:28 pm

I dont think this one has a spring, look in the fuel transfer tube and see if the main jet is missing.

Edit: I did find an IPL that shows a spring that was used before code: 08050700. I'm sure one of the more proficient guys will be by later and can help more. Spring part number is 695422.
Gerry
Guide

Postby Arkie » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:55 pm

Probably the little brass MAIN jet from that single barrel Nikki.
It will need to be a snug fit or good or ring when going back. I seem to think some of them has to be installed and removed from the top of the emulsion tube on some Nikki"s.

Here is a link for working on several carbs.
Just choose Nikki and scroll until you see yours.

https://outdoorpowerinfo.com/repairs/
Arkie
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:46 am

bob wrote:Cleaning carb on a Briggs and Stratton 21m114-1362-E1 which has a Nikki carb. Removing plastic part to look at bowl when I thought I heard something drop to floor. I could not find anything but I am wondering is anything like a spring on the float/needle. I can not find a good parts illustration to tell for sure. Float itself is not level so that is another reason I think there is. MY mistake and now I need help. Thanks

The float valve is a plastic spring loaded version so the float will droop when the carburetor is inverted.

As said it is likely the main jet that hit the floor. I have learned to be very carefully when disassembling any Nikki carburetor that has the plastic fuel transfer assembly. When I first started repairing these I too lost several onto my shop floor. I now disassemble in a pan with high sides just in case the jet falls out. Also be careful using pressurize air as I had a couple jets to find their way out in my yard. I decide trying to use a magnifier glass was going to help. :lol:
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby bgsengine » Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:40 pm

there are also some nikki carbs that have a spring that holds the nylon float assembly tight to the gasket so if the main jet is there, you may have lost your spring..
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Return to Technical Discussion Forum