• Advertisement

Zama Carb RB-k75 Hidden Screw Adjustment

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Zama Carb RB-k75 Hidden Screw Adjustment

Postby oli » Mon May 03, 2021 2:38 pm

I just finished rebuilding a Zama RB-K75 carb on an Echo SRM-210 trimmer. As part of the process, I removed the "hidden" high speed adjustment screw. I neglected to bottom out the screw to determine how many turns out I should back it out when making the preliminary adjustments. How many turns out should this screw be for the initial adjustment. What should the wide open throttle RPM's be? Thanks in advance, Oli
oli

Advertisement

Re: Zama Carb RB-k75 Hidden Screw Adjustment

Postby KE4AVB » Mon May 03, 2021 6:52 pm

The info I have says 1-1/2 from seated as initial setting. Tune for max speed then enrich to drop 50 rpm.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby bgsengine » Mon May 03, 2021 8:00 pm

To add- with a string trimmer, you wanna do your adjustments (usually) with a set length of string sticking out (usually just a bit shorter than hitting the line limiter) .. trying to tune it with no string , you gonna see much higher RPM's (and risk getting it way too lean)..
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby 38racing » Tue May 04, 2021 7:52 am

Saw a youtuber adjusting one a week or so back. Knowledgeable guy on 2 strokes but I felt it necessary to unsubscribe after his short video threatening to cut someone's head off with a mower blade over something on tiktok.
38racing
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum