• Advertisement

Grass Catcher for Sears Lawn Tractor

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Grass Catcher for Sears Lawn Tractor

Postby Skywatcher » Sat May 15, 2021 11:04 pm

Greetings All

A customer just bought a used 1994 AYP-Sears lawn tractor and was wondering if there is still a grass catcher kit available for the machine.

The Canadian model # is 944.604250 (which supposedly is the same tractor as the US model # 917.257651)
S/N 042994A001727

I don't know what AYP, EHP or Sears call it, but John Deere refers to attachments like this as Whole Goods items and are not shown in the machine's parts listing. If anyone happens to have an old sales brochure that might have the part number for the whole bagger kit, that at least would be a starting point. Thanks and all the best,

Sky
A person who sees Quality and feels it as he works is a person who cares.
A person who cares about what he sees and does is a person who's bound to have some characteristics of Quality.
Robert M. Pirsig. (Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance)
Skywatcher
Forum Pro

Location: Southern Alberta. Where the wheatlands meet the Range.

Advertisement

Re: Grass Catcher for Sears Lawn Tractor

Postby 38racing » Sun May 16, 2021 5:58 am

Boggles my mind why people don't leave the clippings on the lawn. Even when I get behind on cutting our large church lot the heavy clippings are gone after I cut to schedule a couple times.
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby bgsengine » Sun May 16, 2021 6:28 am

38racing wrote:Boggles my mind why people don't leave the clippings on the lawn. Even when I get behind on cutting our large church lot the heavy clippings are gone after I cut to schedule a couple times.

Some people are seriously fussy about their lawn looks.. thick, lush, level golf-course greens quality lawns for example- clippings left behind spoil the look... More frequently , at least around here, baggers are wanted to collect grass clippings (and leaves in fall) for the compost pile...
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby RoyM » Sun May 16, 2021 10:46 am

In his humid climate the clippings will break down and form a healthy mulch, here in the relatively dry west they leave a thick thatch that prevent nutrients from reaching the soil and has to be removed. Baggers on riders don't tend to be popular because they have to be frequently dumped, a real pita, and are clumsy to work with around obstacles but if he insists Agri-Fab or Bercomac might have something.
Briggs and Stratton MST
RoyM
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum