• Advertisement

Cub Cadet PTO Problem

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: Cub Cadet PTO Problem

Postby lefty » Sun May 16, 2021 7:11 pm

Thank you. I will look at those items in the morning.
lefty
Forum Pro

Postby lefty » Tue May 18, 2021 7:19 am

Finally had time to get back to this one.

I thought I had two problems here, electrical and a bad clutch. But now it's just a failing clutch on its last leg I think. Which is a big improvement.

The ground wire solved the electrical problem. The clutch is working now but I think one of the springs is gone because it's constantly dragging on one side. The brake is also worn and when it disengages, one side remains in contact with the part that continually spins. Sounds like crap too.
Thanks for the help.
lefty
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Tue May 18, 2021 8:41 am

Sounds like you got a badly damage armature disc. I seen one like that several years ago that would not allow the clutch to fully engage and it even sometime would not even engage once the clutch was hot.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby lefty » Tue May 18, 2021 10:16 pm

Looks like the OEM is almost $400. What do you make of the aftermarket ones? I keep seeing some from Xtreme Equipment. I'm not even sure the owner of this one is going to want to replace it. It May not be worth it for him but I'd like to give the option in case.
Thanks.
lefty
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Wed May 19, 2021 5:52 am

Xtreme clutches have been good clutches so far for me to install on customers mowers and they are usually better than the ones they are replacing. There is also OX clutches on the market but I haven't tried them yet, supposedly USA made ones.

Last year I had a hard time getting clutches as Xtreme was out them a lot of the time. They are sold through Stens (usually has the best price) but Xtreme does sale direct too. Several times I had to replace Warner clutches with Warner clutches.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby lefty » Wed May 19, 2021 8:47 am

Thank you
lefty
Forum Pro

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum