• Advertisement

Briggs fuel pump

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Briggs fuel pump

Postby Az Shadeguy » Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:11 am

I am working on a old generator with a briggs 19g412-1129-e1 date code 97 engine.
Very clean generator considering the age.
I have cleaned the carb 30 minutes in the ultrasonic and I am going to replace the fuel line and filter.
The tank grommet is cracked so I will replace that also
There was no gas in the tank but the fuel lines and carb where full of oily bad gas.
My question is about the pulse fuel pump. Should I take it apart and clean it?
Am I going to ruin any gaskets doing so?
Az Shadeguy
Forum Regular

Advertisement

Re: Briggs fuel pump

Postby KE4AVB » Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:36 am

According to Briggs the 692026 fuel pump has been superseded to 799056 which the plastic hockey puck style pump. But yes if you take it apart you will damage the gaskets plus the with 799056 relative low cost I would just replace it if bad.

As the carb cleaning in my USC it usually takes a couple 30 minute cycles to get a carburetor clean.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby RoyM » Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:37 am

Replace it if necessary, less aggravating and it is not expensive.
Briggs and Stratton MST
RoyM
Forum Pro

Postby Az Shadeguy » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:43 pm

I have a question about this fuel pump.
Why is it needed? I have worked on other generators that the fuel is gravity fed.
Do I need to have a pump on this one and why?

I did order a new pump but it is a round one and I am not sure which hose goes where
Thanks
Az Shadeguy
Forum Regular

Postby KE4AVB » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:06 am

I quit asking question like why they do things they do. It was keeping me up at night time and was causing my hair to fall out. Now it just turning grey from all the figuring out how they put things together.

The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby Az Shadeguy » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:26 am

thank you
Az Shadeguy
Forum Regular

Postby RoyM » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:38 am

:P The fuel connections will be marked with arrows indicating direction of flow.
Briggs and Stratton MST
RoyM
Forum Pro

Postby Az Shadeguy » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:03 pm

RoyM wrote::P The fuel connections will be marked with arrows indicating direction of flow.

I must have bought the cheap one it has no arrows. I even looked with my glasses.
Thanks for the picture it is running well
Az Shadeguy
Forum Regular

Postby bgsengine » Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:15 am

Az Shadeguy wrote:
RoyM wrote::P The fuel connections will be marked with arrows indicating direction of flow.

I must have bought the cheap one it has no arrows. I even looked with my glasses.
Thanks for the picture it is running well

They all got em but they are molded into the plastic and very tiny, right on the shoulder of the tube where it meets body and with black on black background, almost impossible to see. one way would be to get some white chalk and dip it in water and "color" around the tube shoulders, the high spots from molding the arrows will show up better, but even then, hard to distinguish which way they are pointing! So..... what I always do, just pick a tube that I know is inlet or outlet (pulse tube is usually readily identifiable since it typically shows it leading to the dead center of pump body) and try to blow through - if you can blow through the tube and it comes out the opposite, you've just identified the inlet and the outlet respectively.
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby KE4AVB » Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:50 am

BGS, I will have differ with on that as the 2008 pump that I just a couple weeks ago had no markings nor the new Oregon version that I installed. I also just look at the pump on the JD Z920M in the shop and there is no marking on it either.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Next

Return to Technical Discussion Forum