• Advertisement

Walbro Carb Tuning

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Walbro Carb Tuning

Postby lefty » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:11 pm

Cifarelli
Model: M1200US
Serial: 03M78FI0119

I guess this is a general question but related to the above-referenced machine. It was running crappy... starting but difficult to keep going. Ran pretty well on 1/2 choke for a bit but ultimately, couldn't keep it going for longer than 20 seconds or so. I decided to reseat the adjustment screws to start and make adjustments before pulling the carb and going through it. The high and low were way out, several turns each. After seating, I set them at 1 - 1/2 turns. It starts much better but when I give it throttle, nothing happens. There's no change.

I would think that when that butterfly opens, something would happen. Stall, bog, rev...but nothing. Like I wasn't even pulling the throttle. What does this mean? I wasn't expecting that result. Trying to wrap my brain around how there would be a condition in which this would happen, except for a disconnected throttle cable.

Thanks
lefty
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Walbro Carb Tuning

Postby 38racing » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:10 pm

Are you sure that the throttle plate is moving.
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:34 am

Considering the IPL is showing you have a Walbro HDA carburetor I agree about make the throttle is actually working at the carburetor.

Do you need the link to the website for parts look-up for blower?
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby lefty » Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:24 pm

Thanks. I'm going to check all of that out soon. Got tied up here today. I have the diagram for the carb but thank you. I'll keep you posted.
lefty
Forum Pro

Postby lefty » Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:46 am

Since this forum is invaluable to me, I always try to post the disposition of every problem to help other rookies like me...even on the embarrassing ones.

So as painful as this is...here goes...

The reason I was getting no response out of the throttle was that I had the choke backward. I thought choke was up but it was apparently down. So I was trying to tune this thing with full choke. In my defense, it was very poorly labeled. I guess it's an Italian thing.

Thanks again.
lefty
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum