• Advertisement

793880 after market camshaft kits.

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: 793880 after market camshaft kits.

Postby RoyM » Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:43 pm

This is why I am reluctant to shop online. I ordered an item from southern California, six freaking weeks via USPS and Canada Post! Another package from Boulder CO arrived in 3 days with FedEx. I worked for Power Source Canada, the Briggs distributor along with other lines and shipping drove us nuts. Our dealers in southern BC were getting fed up with lack of service with Greyhound who has since closed up shop in Canada so the warehouse went to Purolator. They were overnight to Kelowna which was great but the shipments were then transferred to the bus :roll: So now it was three days to the smaller communities instead of two.
Briggs and Stratton MST
RoyM
Forum Pro

Postby SUKI » Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:31 am

38racing wrote:I just ordered a hard to get warner clutch for a friend for a cub cadet. Local dealer quoted him 525 cdn inc tax but not in stock. Mtd directly want 600 but not in stock (althoughas of today shows in stock). I found a place called farmpartsstore.ca. showed addresses in san Francisco and Vancouver canada. Online showed the clutch instock. Came up in cdn $ with cdn taxes and free shipping and totalled 363. So I ordered. No shipping notice so I emailed on Friday. Response was that it was processed and would ship this week. Today I get a voicemail that the order was cancelled and I got my paypal refund. So I went to an eBay option. Now out of stock with that seller. Found only one on eBay in Indiana. Coming by their global shipping for 418 cdn. Fingers crossed. I was looking at truck parts. Bloody sites show in stock but when you email it's oh sorry we don't have that.

Next time try https://www.warnerptodirect.com. They probably ship to Canada.
SUKI
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby 38racing » Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:47 am

SUKI wrote:
38racing wrote:I just ordered a hard to get warner clutch for a friend for a cub cadet. Local dealer quoted him 525 cdn inc tax but not in stock. Mtd directly want 600 but not in stock (althoughas of today shows in stock). I found a place called farmpartsstore.ca. showed addresses in san Francisco and Vancouver canada. Online showed the clutch instock. Came up in cdn $ with cdn taxes and free shipping and totalled 363. So I ordered. No shipping notice so I emailed on Friday. Response was that it was processed and would ship this week. Today I get a voicemail that the order was cancelled and I got my paypal refund. So I went to an eBay option. Now out of stock with that seller. Found only one on eBay in Indiana. Coming by their global shipping for 418 cdn. Fingers crossed. I was looking at truck parts. Bloody sites show in stock but when you email it's oh sorry we don't have that.

Next time try https://www.warnerptodirect.com. They probably ship to Canada.

Checked it out. Probably 30 bucks more but shipping likely faster.
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:49 am

RoyM wrote:This is why I am reluctant to shop online. I ordered an item from southern California, six freaking weeks via USPS and Canada Post! Another package from Boulder CO arrived in 3 days with FedEx. I worked for Power Source Canada, the Briggs distributor along with other lines and shipping drove us nuts. Our dealers in southern BC were getting fed up with lack of service with Greyhound who has since closed up shop in Canada so the warehouse went to Purolator. They were overnight to Kelowna which was great but the shipments were then transferred to the bus :roll: So now it was three days to the smaller communities instead of two.

I buy a lot from rockauto. Their deal with FedEx to Canada is great. I get stuff from anywhere in usa in 4-5 days for less cost than sending a package within Ontario with canadapost and those can take a week and a half to arrive.
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:55 am

Just got email. Clutch has shipped. Tracking indicates that it's in the hands of FedEx although I have a paperback coming from usa and tracking sends me to a fedex web site and then shows a USPS or canadapost tracking number. Bit confusing.
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:06 am

They using SmartPost which is iffy at times.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum