• Advertisement

Snapper Module

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Snapper Module

Postby Gerry » Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:20 am

Snapper 7800785 (2812524BVE) with BS 12.5 HP. When the brake pedal is let out the engine dies. All the safety switches have been tested and tested good multiple times. The interlock module what is its function other than to maybe tie the safety switches together? Is my understanding of it wrong? How can the module be tested?

As always thanks in advance.

Edit: Module part #: 7028606
Gerry
Guide

Advertisement

Re: Snapper Module

Postby KE4AVB » Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:12 pm

I suspect you have a bad seat switch connector as I have the shorting to get damage.

Now the module is only connect with the brake and PTO switch. jumping the green and white wire will bypass this part of the system and test both the PTO and brake switches and the associated wiring. IF that don't work, remove that module. Now if the releasing the brake still kills the engine then it has to be a short in the seat switch wiring. Basically the module is just a couple jumpers etched on a circuit board.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby Sobujhossain93 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:13 am

Snapper Module is best product.
Sobujhossain93

Postby KE4AVB » Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:57 am

Sobujhossain93 wrote:Snapper Module is best product.

But it is one of the biggest ripoffs I seen seen other than Boston Butt at Kroger's last Sunday @8.99/lb. And now they got them on sale for 1.69/lb. I don't know if they are half rotten or not but everyone that looked at the butt Sunday just walked off.

All it is a PCB that is just two jumpers inside a plastic case. No way it is worth 41 usd. But of I just seen Sears parts direct trying to sale a 3/4 Poodle ring for 16 usd when I sell them for 1.10 usd ea and I am doubling my money on them. This Snapper module is easily bypassed and you still retain the system desired function.

I have also spot an error on the schematic on how the circuit functions. Anyone that understands mower safety system can spot it.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:02 am

Maybe not same issue but I had an older Murray and the seat connector was shorting even when connected to the switch. I just removed it and connectors on each wire.
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:35 pm

38racing wrote:Maybe not same issue but I had an older Murray and the seat connector was shorting even when connected to the switch. I just removed it and connectors on each wire.

Those two shorting seat switch connector are now available through Stens.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum