• Advertisement

Here's a stumper!

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Here's a stumper!

Postby dart451 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:12 pm

PoulanPro PR625Y22RKP with Briggs 122T05-3846-B1 engine...won't start. Checked spark, good spark. Took sparkplug out, could hold my finger in hole while pulling rope...checked valve lash, all within specs. Did compression test, only maybe 25 psi. So, this mower looks quite new, oil is nice and fresh...seems funny there is little to no compression. Customer states it was running recently...
dart451
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Here's a stumper!

Postby KE4AVB » Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:25 am

It been awhile since I work a walk behind engine.

Have you done a leak down test? It might still be valve related. IF I remember correctly I had seen a few bad ACRs to cause this but I haven't any amount of walk behinds in 5 yrs.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:50 am

I had one. 12 series l head with a popped valve seat. Intake. No sign of overheating. Is your L or ohv?
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby dart451 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:09 am

It's a OHV
dart451
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:21 am

Then you are giving the wrong engine info as the 122T05-3846-B1 is coming back as a L-head (side valve) engine on all the sites IPLs. Now of course Briggs Power Portal is still down this morning.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby dart451 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:30 am

Damn! How did I do that?? It's 09P702-0211-F1! I'm working on two PoulanPro's...apparently wrote down the wrong one!
dart451
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:44 am

It called having too irons in the fire among other things.

This is why I use an Auto Manager software package here where I keep all the customer info recorded as they come in. That way I can look up equipment number anytime I want to. I pair the equipment and engines together so all I got to do is find of the internal registration numbers and I know the other is off by one digit most times.

I still initially record all the numbers when the equipment comes in on a work order then transfer that to my computer for future reference. This work order is also the customer put their info too which get inputted in the Auto Manager. This way I have nearly all my customer info at my finger tips.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby dart451 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:01 am

I do this similarly with Quickbooks. I've used it for years...problem is, the customer came in with two Poulan Pro's and I copied down the wrong one to post... Never heard of Auto Manager...
dart451
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:42 am

dart451 wrote:I do this similarly with Quickbooks. I've used it for years...problem is, the customer came in with two Poulan Pro's and I copied down the wrong one to post... Never heard of Auto Manager...

It part of the Adminsoft accounting system. Actually a full featured package except they have release the sales order version yet. It is in the works but they haven't work most of the bugs yet.

The inventory system allow price file imports. OF they got to be in the right format which is a little time consuming as different distributors have different formats. Even though I have about 1200 different items in stock, it is nice to just enter the SKU (part number) and have the retail, cost, description, and bin location if I have the item in stock which easily get enter into my work orders for ordering and billing.

The software is fairly good; although, bugs to appear time to time but considering what it does it still worth getting them corrected. When I first start importing price file there were a lot of problems but Mike worked with me getting them straighten out. Of course, I the one with one the largest inventory SKU number wise. Currently at 835,544 SKU numbers on the system. I just spent most of the weekend updating most my prices along with any supersedes. Kinda had to do it as Gardner has started charging me a 1.5% surcharge (Aug 1) for using my credit card to pay up front so I had rework all my cost and retail prices to include this surcharge. Now of course I probably start using RBI more even they are a little higher in cost but at least I can use my card without a surcharge.

The software is free but the registered version gets better support but limit the number of users. I am currently register for three users as I network the office and shop computers.

If you would like to check it out here is a link to the download site.

https://www.adminsoftware.biz/download.shtml
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby dart451 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:58 am

Thank you for the link! I was looking at Automanager and they were quoting $120.00 a month! I will try this...wonder if QB files can be imported?? lol I was just going to do a Leak down test on the mower and it appears my leak down tester blew a rod!
dart451
Forum Pro

Next

Return to Technical Discussion Forum