• Advertisement

belt sizes again

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: belt sizes again

Postby 38racing » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:26 pm

Cut back yard fine. When I went to cross the road for more cutting I got the roughness come and go a bit. Did cut most without incident but again happened a couple times while cutting and driving back. Although idler pulley turns quite freely I wonder if it binds due to bad bearing. Won't be easy to find one although I recall a video on replacing the bearing. Going to be metric of course and Canada is really only metric in name, not practice.
38racing
Forum Pro

Re: belt sizes again

Postby KE4AVB » Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:28 am

If it is the 66071-51570 idler images here shows it to be a plastic composite one. I have tried changing bearing in them but usually they bust out the bearing retaining ring.

What I would instead is the measure the pulley and find one with the same dimensions and just change out the bushing provided one is used. This what I do here a lot. Matter of I just changed out a couple Hustler idlers by doing this using a couple Rotary flat idlers. Hustler used oddball bushings and wanted twice the money for the same pulley just because of the installed bushings. Besides the Hustler idler pulley are on back order.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum