• Advertisement

O-ring size

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

O-ring size

Postby KE4AVB » Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:15 pm

Does anyone know the dash size of the Briggs 796863 o-ring?
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: O-ring size

Postby hanz63 » Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:10 am

I had to look what you had here. Is it close to an oil filter o-ring at all?
hanz63
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:43 pm

I just it is use on the oil cooler adapter. I haven't and will not get to look at it until the end of mowing season. Just trying to the o-rings in before then; just not will to pay $15 for one currently.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby hanz63 » Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:44 pm

No order that it can tag along on? I show 3.69$ I brought up the filter ring as I thought the old Commands used the same size ring as the filter, but you shouldn't depend on that recollection either...
hanz63
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:01 pm

Currently none my distributors will deal with Briggs. Only A&I will but they are on a six month suspension due their salesman refusing to contact for over 3 weeks and when he did call me he started lying right off the bat. I actually haven't ordered a Briggs part since the first of June and will not order from A&I until January 2022. Beside anything I order under $200 get full UPS shipping charges.

The only company I can get decent shipping charges otherwise from is Jack's but the cost is still very high overall just for one o-ring.

What is worst is that I had to put Gardner on the same 6 month suspension 1 st of August because I can't get my account straighten out in the last two months. I currently using RBI but they don't handle Briggs.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby bgsengine » Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:39 pm

I might suggest trying Amazon .. my last year of operation (2019) I found I was buying a ton of what I needed off Amazon vendors (But then, I always did ignore the price files any more, and simply marked each shipment of parts up from my landed cost - That is, parts + shipping, if any - buy 20 of an item, shipping cost was divided by 20, added to cost of single part, then marked up /0.65 which essentially gave me a 35% discount margin.. if it was a one-off non-stocked item, I'd quote the cost + shipping plus the lesser of $50 profit, or my calculated markup.. if the customer OK'd it, I'd fix it, if not, no big loss. were I to ever get back into doing this, I'd never even bother signing up as a dealer for any product line, and collect a minimum of $35 up front just to look at something to diagnose, look up parts, and write a quote on it (said $35 credited towards repair bill if OK'd or applied as a minimum charge which I'd keep regardless of whether machine was repaired or not.) It'd keep the "fix it for nothing" crowd away for the most part, and give me a little more peace of mind, less stress, and WAY less inventory kept on hand.
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby KE4AVB » Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:46 pm

Mind reader but I thought Covid stop all the mind reading.

I usually markup 35% GPM on item that come off Amazon. I actually been using the 35% every since I started back in 2009. As price files I only using them lately for the descriptions and supersedes. Gardner had the MTD parts down to about 5% difference between cost and retail. I am having to marked them up by at least 20 % GPM. Usually cover shipping but I usually try to have the $200 free ship size orders

But I have notice many of the price files lately are increasing costs but leaving or lowering the retail prices. That is why I have to get creative on part purchases by knowing who has the best on the parts. Like using a JD part on a Husqvarna or a Husqvarna part on a Snapper mower. it help to know who made the part. Or buying Kawasaki parts for those JD Kawasaki engines that JD tries their best to hide the Kawasaki part numbers.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:09 pm

And BGS you probably had the same problems as I seem to have every few years where a supplier either folds up or do something else stupid that cause major shakeup of the business, My last major shake up was the closure of TEW. Then of course last year Power Distributors decided I wasn't buying enough so they closed my account. At least this time around I have plenty of inventory to make it through the year; unlike, when TEW closed up shop. About 3/4 of what I have sold this year was from my stock inventory.

They seem to think they are the only source of the parts which they are dead wrong.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:38 am

I can't recall the part I was looking up but it was 60$cdn from mtd canada so qualified for free shipping. At repairclinic it showed at 60$ usd plus another 12 for shipping. Alot of parts looked up on amazon.ca are 'currently unavailable'
38racing
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum