• Advertisement

briggs and stratton intek runs rough when hot

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: briggs and stratton intek runs rough when hot

Postby Arkie » Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:14 pm

What is the model and type?

Single cylinder or dual cylinder?

Assuming you have checked the valve lash:
If single replace the magneto if new correct spark plug does not correct.

If dual cylinder see if runs same on both cylinders when it gets weak, might be dropping a cylinder.

If one cylinder dropping replace the magneto if it has a new spark plug, but also compare the compression to the good cylinder.

If valve lash is correct and you cannot determine which cylinder replace both magneto's.
Clone magnetos are not that expensive AND what you describe is a symptom of the erratic nature of electronics inside a Magneto.
Arkie
Forum Pro

Postby plotthound » Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:51 am

its a single cylinder and i have not done anything to it yet.damn grass wont stop growing from all the rain we been getting.will grab a new plug and coil for it this week.

thanks again :D
plotthound
Guide

Postby plotthound » Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:26 am

I replaced the plug ib my mower, somehow i had put the wrong one in bit it made little difference. Pulled the vslve cover off and found the lash was way loose.adjusted both the intake and exhaust valves then cut the grass. Machince now runs gray and doesnt pop and fart anymore when it gets hot. Thanks guys
plotthound
Guide

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum