• Advertisement

Probably a stupid question?

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Probably a stupid question?

Postby dart451 » Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:00 am

The fuel pumps on Briggs and Kohler engines...the vacuum line that gets connected to the bottom hose fitting...will the fuel pump work without this or if the hose isn't completely sealed? I assume the vacuum is what operates the fuel pump...
dart451
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Probably a stupid question?

Postby RoyM » Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:31 pm

That needs to be in good shape for the pump to work. If it leaks crankcase vacuum will be lost and the engine will start pumping oil.
Briggs and Stratton MST
RoyM
Forum Pro

Postby dart451 » Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:56 pm

Thanks RoyM, that's what I kinda thought...ordering a bunch of vacuum hoses to keep them in stock...thank you.
dart451
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:28 pm

dart451 wrote:Thanks RoyM, that's what I kinda thought...ordering a bunch of vacuum hoses to keep them in stock...thank you.

Might be a good idea as I had trouble last getting one style. It was on back order several months. There is at least three styles and I am think I got a four style here just not sure.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum