• Advertisement

Reliable/legitimate source for NGK plugs

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: Reliable/legitimate source for NGK plugs

Postby bgsengine » Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:28 pm

38racing wrote:Ke4avb
You might be surprised at how cheap rockauto shipping is. I can pay less than $20 cdn for shipping and the brokerage and duties and have stuff from California or Texas. Lot is from long island ny. I can ship a parcel next door in Canada for that.

Point actually is, in landed cost.. 10 plugs , pay $10 shipping, your landed cost , if the plug is $1.56 each , will be $2.56 per plug.. Too pricey for stocking to re-sell.. if Rock Auto sold other small engine stuff (or other parts to add to the order) that could justify a fatter markup (A $30 cost part that retails at $55, bump it another 10 bucks to $65 which covers the $10 shipping, then it would be worth it to buy plugs there too at the same time)
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Re: Reliable/legitimate source for NGK plugs

Postby creia » Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:50 pm

Many thanks to all who have replied. :) I may just forget about trying to get them online from anything other than the "major" seller like the big chain stores like what Brian mentioned. While I do try to get them at the best price I can, I do not go through that many of them- unlike you professional techs who use alot of them, I am just a garage hack with a relatively limited need....
Michael
creia
Forum Pro

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum