• Advertisement

Kohler Triad

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Kohler Triad

Postby hanz63 » Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:58 am

Anybody see these anymore? Someone inquired for some parts. Fact is, I don't think I've ever seen one. Or it went over my head...
hanz63
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Kohler Triad

Postby KE4AVB » Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:30 pm

Appears to be a vtwin horizontal engine. What is the spec number? So far the ones I find have very limited info on them.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby bluemower » Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:20 pm

This was introduced about 30 years ago. The only engine I every saw was at an annual Kohler update. The engine was a v-twin and featured an overhead cam on each cylinder head. The camshafts were driven by a belt. The engine was only offered for a few years - probably due to lack of sales. i believe the kohler command as well as the twin Magnums were in production during the same time frame.
bluemower
Guide

Postby hanz63 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:39 pm

It is on a 25 y/o Simplicity that I'll see for the first time sometime this week or next. One of those fuel pumps in the valve cover that didn't work, valve cover somehow broken and the original pump gone. Now the pump is NLA so hopefully this thing isn't a nightmare and an impulse pump will make its heartbeat again. Should be interesting? Everything I touch just seems to be broken lately. A few regular PMs anyways. I'll let you know how it turns out.
hanz63
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum