• Advertisement

Husqvarna 575XP

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Husqvarna 575XP

Postby lefty » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:58 pm

965 76 02-00
06 5100544

I got this saw recently. The owner gave it to me saying that a shop told him that the piston and cylinder were smoked and that they couldn't get OEM and were not willing to put in after-market.

I didn't personally check if OEM was available but told him that there's probably a good reason for them not wanting to put in after-market.

I told him it may be because they thought that it may fail quickly. Given his situation, he's willing to risk it. But I'm not sure I am. I told him that I may fix it and it could blow up on his first use and he still wants me to do it.

I would love to get into it for the experience but am wondering if I'm just begging for disappointment. Does anyone recommend an after-market for this or am I asking for trouble?

I have personally verified that the piston and rings are smoked from the exhaust side. I can also verify that the cylinder is all banged up on the same side by looking through the intake.

Thanks.
lefty
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Husqvarna 575XP

Postby RoyM » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:00 pm

Can you do a pressure/vacuum test to check for air leaks? No point throwing new parts at it if it is going to fail again. I hear what you are saying, aftermarket can be a crap shoot and you want to stand behind your work.
Briggs and Stratton MST
RoyM
Forum Pro

Postby lefty » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:12 pm

I can. I'll do that tomorrow. I've never seen a piston this bad. The whole side that's viewable from the exhaust is toast. You can barely tell there's a ring in there. Chewed up from stem to stern.
lefty
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:29 am

I would have to verify availability but the 53725102 51mm Cylinder kit is listed at $180 at RBI. Now of course my cost is a little lower. None in stock at the distributor. My other source is listing it as NLA. But of course some vendor will list items as NLA if they are not allowed to source the parts.

BTW I have seen some pretty bad straight gassed cylinders over the years. And with if only the exhaust side I would say it was straight gassed. If you do rebuild I would replace the crankshaft shaft seals too.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby lefty » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:23 am

Will do. Thank you.
lefty
Forum Pro

Postby lefty » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:55 pm

KE4AVB wrote:I would have to verify availability but the 53725102 51mm Cylinder kit is listed at $180 at RBI. Now of course my cost is a little lower. None in stock at the distributor. My other source is listing it as NLA. But of course some vendor will list items as NLA if they are not allowed to source the parts.

BTW I have seen some pretty bad straight gassed cylinders over the years. And with if only the exhaust side I would say it was straight gassed. If you do rebuild I would replace the crankshaft shaft seals too.

I wasn't able to pull anything up by that number. Could it be 537254102 ?
That shows as a cylinder, rings, clips, wrist pin, and piston.
lefty
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:32 am

Sorry about that I apparently typed the number instead of my usual cut and paste. My keyboard does need replacing, done wore out another one. Yes it is 537254102.

It didn't I was half asleep Wednesday morning but my blood pressure showed its butt Tuesday when I went to the doctor. I got a hold of a bad pill for the second time in the latest prescription. I was running 188/110. The new doctor panicked. Would not listen to me about a possible bad pill. Well it back to normal Thursday pressure of 133/92. I dealt with this before several times and learned how bring it back under control.

Just because went to her as her office visit charge is only $85 when compared to my regular doctor fee of $160, she started assuming things like I would not pay for blood work. Well she is out as being my new doctor. I can't deal with a pushy assuming doctor. I was hoping to go to a local doctor instead of one from the big city.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby lefty » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:53 am

I always envision a group of doctors meeting in a bar after closing shop...pissing away all of our co-pays.
lefty
Forum Pro

Postby lefty » Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:38 pm

I've finally got a chance to get back to this one and am ready for the leak test. Any tips on how to block off the intake on this? My regular methods are coming up short because of the configuration of the intake on this one.

Thanks.
lefty
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:49 am

Husqvarna makes a set of intake and exhaust sealing plates for this.

502524801 Intake cover (sealing) plates
502541102 Exhaust cover (sealing) plate
503844002 Adapter for injecting pressure or pull vacuum via the spark plug hole.

My primary distributor doesn't have in stock but still shows them available.

Do you have the service manual at hand? If not I can send you a link via PM. I will be trying out Dropbox so I might have to use One Drive or Google Drive which I know will work with giving everyone access as back up path.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Next

Return to Technical Discussion Forum