• Advertisement

Model Number

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Model Number

Postby lefty » Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:21 pm

I have this craftsman in my shop. The model number has been partially rubbed off.

I can make out some of the missing numbers but can't seem to piece it together. I was wondering if there were any tricks based on the serial to figure it out.

Some of the missing numbers you can see as imprints.

Thanks.

Here's an image
https://photos.app.goo.gl/TrDkNtfbeFEUmhvr6
lefty
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Model Number

Postby KE4AVB » Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:05 am

It kinda a guessing game. The third number after the period would a eight [8] so basically you are missing the fourth digit as the fifth and six digits are just readable. Just have keep plugging digits until you hit a good number.

Snowblower [snow thrower]?

I think the number is Craftsman 247.888330 (31AH95SI799)

I wish manufactures would go back to the metal stamped tags. This is the reason I record all the numbers off equipment that I can as tags get damaged or lost. I had several machines that I work on to have tags to go awol. like the engine on the JD 737 that I had to replace a cylinder head on this year. I have been working on it several years and the tag was there last year but not this year.

Some of the old Murray riders tag are a lot worst about fading out.

There was a good one that I did a couple years ago. I was cleaning off the tag on my truck when the cleaner wipe off all the numbers on the decal. I had to go the state office and get a new decal.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Re: Model Number

Postby lefty » Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:36 am

Thank you. I do the same as far as cataloging them once I've seen them. Some of those numbers are too hard to find not to record them once you do. At least for me anyway.
lefty
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum