• Advertisement

To kit or to carb. That is the question.

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: To kit or to carb. That is the question.

Postby 38racing » Sat Dec 11, 2021 2:11 pm

Well super glue and tie straps seems to have fixed the choke. Just wish I had paid more attention on first glue as rod is not quite vertical. Has to doctor the cover a bit. Actually looked closer and it's 270-wua engine which is 208 cc
Good thing l an not doing this for a living. First time back together I forgot breather house to intake. Redo that only to discover when it revd high that I'd also forgot to insert rod into throttle lever.
38racing
Forum Pro

Re: To kit or to carb. That is the question.

Postby KE4AVB » Sat Dec 11, 2021 2:51 pm

Even the best of us make those simple mistakes when it comes something for us to work on. Just caulk it to learning as you be better next time.

You be tearing into a 2000 Chevy differential for the first in 35 yrs. Boy am I rusty. What worst is the fill plug cant be removed and I got put one in the cover plate sometime tomorrow as it is windy and rainy today. At least we here didn't have any tornadoes this morning.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum