• Advertisement

Electric Starter on LCT Engine

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Electric Starter on LCT Engine

Postby Skywatcher » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:53 pm

Greetings All

A customer brought in a 2010 Sears snow blower with an LCT Storm-Force engine and an electric starter that just catches the corners of the teeth on the ring gear. According to Jack's Small Engine IPL, the 110 volt electric starter P/N 24002 is NLA for this engine. When I searched the Canada Power Technology parts inventory for this number, nothing showed up, however a similar number P/N 24171 showed up with the description (110 volt starter motor with large pinion). Is this an updated starter motor for this engine, or are the two completely unrelated? Does anyone with a little more experience on these engines have any suggestions for correcting this problem? Thanks and all the best,

Sky

Engine Information:
Make: LCT Storm-Force
Model: PW2HK19850
Spec: 781DE-ABGIJOQUVE1M
S/N: 1085H0606819A
A person who sees Quality and feels it as he works is a person who cares.
A person who cares about what he sees and does is a person who's bound to have some characteristics of Quality.
Robert M. Pirsig. (Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance)
Skywatcher
Forum Pro

Location: Southern Alberta. Where the wheatlands meet the Range.

Advertisement

Re: Electric Starter on LCT Engine

Postby KE4AVB » Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:43 am

This is the note when I search RBI distributor for LCT PN. Maybe it helps point you in the right direction. Yes I know it show Tecumseh prefix but when search the numbers @ Gardner they are coming as Lauson numbers. Most likely they are the same engine they all are for the Chinese engines.

The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum