• Advertisement

Delta two pole seat switches.

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Delta two pole seat switches.

Postby KE4AVB » Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:03 pm

There several version the Delta two poles seat switches and I have seen diagrams indicating shorting strips. Well I finally ran into one using the Delta 96549-OL housing that was shorted even when fully plugged in. Here is what the shorting strip looked like that was used on the Delta 6444-83 switch. I simply removed it by removing the Delphi 12066214 terminals first. It wasn't necessary to replace the $45 wiring harness but I would have liked to replaced the connector housing to maintain the shorting function.

The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Delta two pole seat switches.

Postby KE4AVB » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:03 am

So far I have ran into two versions of this switch in use the 6444-53 NC/NO used on Husqvarna, JD, MTD, Scag, and Snapper and the 6444-83 NC/NC use on Ariens, Husqvarna, JD, MTD, and Toro. For identification the 6444-53 is usually all black body and the 6444-83 [Stens 430-420] is all grey (gray) body with black bottom. Now Stens does have 430-780 Switch that looks the same as the 430-420 but it doesn't have all the shorting strip disengagement tabs., just pole one tab.

Overall there is 12 versions of this Delta 6444 switch so be careful on which one you are working with.

Also these are not only use for seat switches but as lap bar switches too.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum