• Advertisement

FB460V IPL needed

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

FB460V IPL needed

Postby KE4AVB » Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:05 am

I know this is probably a lost cause unless Kawasaki comes thru but I looking for the PDF IPL for a FB460V-CS07.

And before someone says the engine spec don't exist. Of course "F" is missing.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: FB460V IPL needed

Postby mr-moe » Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:41 am

Try this site, there's one there

https://www.manualslib.com/
Moe Fretz
Retired Small Engine mechanic, Ag tech, Auto tech.
mr-moe
Forum Regular

Postby KE4AVB » Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:36 pm

The only things comes up there is the Workshop manual which I already have.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby RoyM » Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:54 pm

Is it in a John Deere? If so, you may have to go to them as we did.
Briggs and Stratton MST
RoyM
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:06 am

RoyM wrote:Is it in a John Deere? If so, you may have to go to them as we did.

Nope, besides I can lookup nearly all those JD Kawasaki engines otherwise and buying using the Kawasaki really saves me and my customer money. This by going thru an European website.

It is on a Ransomes [Bunton, Bobcat, Ryan] M36-12M Commercial work behind.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby bgsengine » Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:46 pm

I had one on an Exmark, couldnt find that kawi spec in any other parts lookups until I found an Exmark parts catalog. Same issue with Toro-Wheelhorse (and the part needed was only ever available through Toro, and it was obsoleted, so I ended up having to repower the tractor, despite the engine being in otherwise pristine condition, for the lack of a $20 part, it basically went to the scrap heap) Seems to me that it depends on the manufacturer that Kawasaki made them for, especially if they were a custom specification that would only ever fit a specific model series, basically seems Kawasaki did contract manufacturing, they'd build to the customer's design requirements (including parts) and the rest (warranty, customer service, parts supply chain, etc) was all up to the brand the engine was built for.
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby KE4AVB » Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:12 am

What I have found out about the two Kawasaki websites is that the US one will not put up the IPLs for the JD specs but EU site will. Also there is difference which other IPLs both site will put up too. Very frustrating try to repair the older equipment when idiots like Kawasaki and other OEM refuses to provide the info.

A lot of it is just like the Chinese selling equipment but not providing after the sell parts.

I do know the float valve that I ordered is the wrong one.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:50 am

And it is irritating to get things in for repairs the the OEM will not provide parts for. I Homelite electric log splitter that I can't get cylinder seals for. And I had a kids ATV last that was only 9 months old that parts were NLA. ARGGG. :roll:
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:08 am

Gradually ordering parts for the above by piece mill method. Mainly needed intake gaskets, bowl gaskets, needle valve, head gasket, and breather cover gasket. It is a slow process of comparing images to part numbers. What a shame Kawasaki wants to such a pain in the backside.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum