• Advertisement

Husqvarna lawnmower??

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Husqvarna lawnmower??

Postby dart451 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:31 pm

Anyone know what type of flywheel puller is used for a Husqnarna HU700F lawnmower? Tried to remove it without puller the old B&S way...nope! Thank you.
dart451
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Husqvarna lawnmower??

Postby RoyM » Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:31 pm

You should be able to remove the starter cup then run the nut on until it is flush with the end of the crankshaft. With a wedge or screwdriver under the flywheel in line with the key give the shaft a sharp rap with a good size hammer.
Briggs and Stratton MST
RoyM
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:09 am

If you going to use a hammer please use a brass hammer. Whatever you do be carefully as to not knock a hole in the crankcase.

Personally I would just use the correct tool to remove the flywheel. Plus what I am seeing is that those mowers came a Honda engine. Probably a GCV-160.

Image showing puller location for the GCV160-S3A, Note you may have a different GCV160.

https://fixcom.azureedge.net//assets/pa ... 30_1_L.jpg
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby dart451 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:26 pm

KE4AVB wrote:If you going to use a hammer please use a brass hammer. Whatever you do be carefully as to not knock a hole in the crankcase.

Personally I would just use the correct tool to remove the flywheel. Plus what I am seeing is that those mowers came a Honda engine. Probably a GCV-160.

Image showing puller location for the GCV160-S3A, Note you may have a different GCV160.

https://fixcom.azureedge.net//assets/pa ... 30_1_L.jpg

Yes, I did try the pry bar and a hammer on the bolt/shaft...no go! I didn't want to try it anymore. KE4AVB, yes...that is the flywheel...and I do see where it says on the flywheel "PULLER". And, this is what confused me on this motor...it says Husqvarna on the engine shroud and Honda on the top of the pull rope mechanism! So it's a Honda, eh? Is there a part number for a puller for this? I'd like to have one to pull it correctly. The old hammer/pry bar works pretty good on B&S and Tecumseh but not so much on this Honda!
dart451
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:10 am

Here is a screen grab of the puller Honda uses. hopefully this will give you some idea of what is needed. I haven't a Honda specific pn for the puller but similar should be available.

Now you tighten it up good and tight then using a brass hammer smack the forcing screw. It might take several cycles of this to pull the flywheel.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby Arkie » Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:01 am

I just happen to have that puller, kinda expensive nowdays for the OTC but sometimes a Auto parts store might rent/loan such.
I've heard of some guys trying the HF version. If I tried that one, well china would not be good to me. (murphy's law would come forward)

Sometimes if it don't pop loose at first take a hair dryer and heat the aluminum around the crankshaft (about 3 inches out from the crankshaft, not close to the crank) and give the center puller bolt a tap with the brass hammer. Re-snug the center puller bolt after the tap and it it don't go let it cool down and warm it again tap and just walk away and let it set under strain. I've seen them pop loose several minutes later just being under a strain after the heat /cool.
If using anything hotter than a hair dryer stop heating immediately when you spit on it and it spits back.

Leave the loose nut on the crank and do not overtighten, those pullers can/will crack/break a flywheel.
Last edited by Arkie on Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arkie
Forum Pro

Postby SUKI » Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:42 pm

Want to see something try buying a tiny o-ring for the carb on Yamaha 660 ATV. $12-15 for it when you can buy an after market rebuild kit for $24 which include jets. Now of course some of the other rubber carburetor parts are not included.
SUKI
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Return to Technical Discussion Forum