• Advertisement

Well Gardner is at it again

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Well Gardner is at it again

Postby KE4AVB » Sun May 01, 2022 7:48 am

See attached image for their new CC fee starting in June. It took 7 months but at least I got them to put me on ACH terms but it takes two weeks to process payments via check since their Codis setup doesn't allow electronic checks and with $1000 credit limit it is problematic at times. So far this year I haven't been using Gardner much as they don't carry Kawasaki parts which RBI does. I pay RBI via Codis by electronic checks.

The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Well Gardner is at it again

Postby 38racing » Sun May 01, 2022 2:18 pm

I always thought that the agreement between visa and sellers prevented them from applying fees to the purchaser as it could reduce visa use and hurt visa bottom line.
38racing
Forum Pro

Re: Well Gardner is at it again

Postby KE4AVB » Sun May 01, 2022 3:09 pm

Apparently the rules has changed. Gardner was trying to charge me 1.5% last year which shut down my purchases from them. I didn't buy a single thing after Aug 1, 2021. Now they they upping it to 2.5%. At least now I can pay by check and avoid the extra charge. So far this year I have only purchases $449 from them; that is a big drop from the $4K I normally buy.

They however don't realize it caused me to find another distributor which is lower on most of the MTD parts so the orders are limited in nature due to my procurement measures. They actually lost nearly $2K of sales in just the last six months of 2021. Yes some my purchase from the other distributor were higher but it did average lower overall. Just took an extra day to get the in stock parts.

It is the same with A&I as Stens bumped me up to a higher discount rate and is a lot fairer on shipping costs. A&I has now sent me a second threatening email about cutting me off if I don't pay $2K in part by September. You just don't threaten me and get the results you are aiming for. It just makes to cut back on purchases even more. I was buying over $3K per year until last year when the sale rep showed his butt. That when I stopped at $421. Besides I have had a lots of problems with A&I [Sunbelt] products. I reply to last e-mail telling them they can go ahead and close the account if they want to.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum