• Advertisement

Husqvarna 575XP

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: Husqvarna 575XP

Postby Skywatcher » Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:26 pm

Hi Lefty

Indeed these decompression valves can develop leaks. One can remove the valve, press the button in and clean the business end in case a piece of carbon got lodged in the valve. I have also seen these valves get bent, how I don't know. If memory serves me correctly, the threads are the same as a 10mm sparkplug thread, so one can use a small sparkplug such as an NGK-CM6 as a block-off plug to eliminate the decompressor valve for testing purposes. A saw of this size will run with no decompressor valve, but it can be a bit of a bearcat to start. Hope this gives you something to work with,

Sky
A person who sees Quality and feels it as he works is a person who cares.
A person who cares about what he sees and does is a person who's bound to have some characteristics of Quality.
Robert M. Pirsig. (Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance)
Skywatcher
Forum Pro

Location: Southern Alberta. Where the wheatlands meet the Range.

Postby KE4AVB » Wed May 04, 2022 7:00 pm

Well it took six months but I finally got the intake cover plates today.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby lefty » Thu May 05, 2022 7:31 am

It's getting to be ridiculous. I asked my wife for a kiss this morning and she told me they were back-ordered.
lefty
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Thu May 05, 2022 5:29 pm

Could be worst on the back order items. ;)

Today I fighting a new problem/ I ordered some Oregon CC spindles. They should have grease zerks and they don't. Now what to do the five I got with two installed. RBI said all the ones in the warehouse is the same. They call when they hear back from Oregon so my project is on hold now as I can't grease the spindles.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum